Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday/Sunday Report

FOOD/ACTIVITY/THOUGHTS from Saturday, July 25th

Breakfast
: 1 glass green smoothie

Walk: 30 mins, half of it, uphill

Breakfast II: the rest of the green smoothie, 3 glasses, was starving!

Lunch: 2 corn on the cob, raw, 1 big salad with tahini dressing and nutritional yeast (spring mix, tomato, kohlrabi, raddish, red onion, several tbsp of nutritional yeast) (dressing: about 2 tbsp tahini mixed with water, juice of 1 lemon, a little raw vinegar, 1 chopped clove of garlic)

Sn: 1 apple, 1 corn, some cherries

Dinner out: giant salad: greens, mushrooms, tomato. 2 glasses white zinfandel. Water and lemon

Walk: stroll outside 15 mins

Sn: 2 enormous banana whips with hemp, vanilla, coconut. STARVING!!!!!

PHYSICALLY: Not feeling that great today. A little dizzy. I don't know what that's about. My belly didn't feel so good this morning. Maybe it's the nuts, or the raw crackers i had last night late, about 7:30p.m.?

That's not so great to not feel so good, but what i think is cool, though, is that on this process of listening to myself, my desires, my feelings, emotional and physical, i get to make the choices. It's incredibly empowering. If i recognize something doesn't make me feel good, it's a possibility i'll be less inclined to do it the next time. This is all very different than 'binge eating' and 'dieting.'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SUNDAY, JULY 26th

Good morning, folks,

I feel kind of shitty today, excuse my french. Cliff and i had an argument this morning. I feel blah. I don't feel like walking. My fingers are swollen and I weighed myself this morning to see i lost 1/2 lb since yesterday, which kind of perplexed me because i expected to lose more since all i did yesterday was pee, and i was so starving yesterday and felt like i ate like a bird, until i got home and devoured 2 huge banana whips because i was starving. I wonder if the wine has sodium in it??? Just feeling kind of bummed and unmotivated today.

I had a nice day out yesterday with Cliff and his cousin, Wayne. We went to visit Cliff's brother and sister in law who have a weekendhouse in the Poconos. We had a lovely time. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. What's funny is i hadn't wanted to go. Sometimes we just don't realize what's best for us.

Funny, I feel better already just talking about that. Sometimes we just need to get out of our own heads...

Well, talk to you later. Cliff's ringing. He's out biking and expecting me to meet him. Gotta run.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Later...

Went for a short 20+ mins walk, just a stroll really. Really don't feel well today. i don't know what dizzy means. ???

FOOD/ACTIVITY SUNDAY, JULY 26

Br: big banana whip with a little choco hemp powder and vanilla

walk: 20+ mins stroll

L: delicious: chopped veggie salad wrapped in romaine leaves, delish. (chopped kohlrabi, red onion, tomato, carrot, garlic, 1 tsp almond butter)

Sn: banana whip with coconut, almond butter and vanilla

walk: 1+ hour walk to the supermarket (uphill) and back....with a cart, what an adventure!

Sn: 1/4 of a medium watermelon

Dn: 2 nori wraps with chopped salad inside (mushroom, red pepper, celery, 1 tsp tahini, garlic, yellow squash, red onion) delish!

Sn: peach/banana smoothie ( 2 white peaches, 5 small bananas, icecubes, agave)

xoxo michelle joy

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What is a banana whip?

MICHELLE at FREEDOM FROM BINGING said...

Hi Debbie, Banana whips are awesome. They are really a fruit 'c ustard'. If you freeze bananas and force them through a Champion juicer with the blank plate, you get a banana "whip". Since my juicer is still not downstairs in my kitchen, i make them by chopping frozen bananas up, putting them in the vitamix with a very little bit of water, then carefully, i spoon the mixture around. From the vitamix, it's a very, very, very thick smoothie.