Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy July 4th!


Happy Holiday!

Hope your day was enjoyable!

I had a good day. Cliff and I straightened up the house for company. I made (cooked) food for guests (grilled marinated chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, sliced tomatoes with basil and olive oil, hotdogs, corn on the cob, homemade lemonade, grilled veggies), and served dinner. We ate and sat outside and listened to neighborhood fireworks. It was nice! :-))

Today i had a traditional 80-10-10 (raw vegan, of course, i've been raw for 2.5 years) day with no salt and no fat. I didn't particularly crave anything salty or fatty, but i didn't have much in the fridge or the cubbard, so that was kind of a bummer, but can be a blessing.

I decided not to weigh myself this morning (unofficially, of course).

But, I weighed myself in the afternoon. I just wanted to see how bad it was. I am notorious for holding tons of water weight. Let's just say, i'm hoping the no salt today unbloated me somewhat as i was heavier than i expected due to fluid retention from 2 days of eating raw gourmet with salt. I hold water like a balloon. Having had no salt today, I did peepee continually all day. It was annoying, but i know it was a good thing.

I felt a little down in the dumps today. I awoke feeling a bit depressed. Perhaps 2 days of nuts will do that to a person. Or just feeling like what i'm doing is crazy and all wrong.

But company raised my spirits, as did cooking. I don't care if it's cooked or it's raw, i just love cooking and fixing food for people. When cooking food, i taste nothing, use my other senses, my sense of smell, my common cooking sense, i also follow my intuition greatly. I 'feel' if i think something needs salt, for example. I'm pretty darned right on the money. Everything i made today i had Cliff taste test, and he gave a huge thumbs up to it all, and so did everyone at dinner!

I had something running through my mind today about the concept of self-parenting. No parent in their right mind is always a disciplinarian and none are completely permissive and indulgent. No good parent is one thing always. In parenting ourselves, we have to adjust and determine what we need.

In doing 80-10-10 with no salt today, i felt it was what i needed and my desires matched it. I enjoyed all of the fruit, enjoyed the green smoothies.

Yesterday in work was another story. I indulged my desires and I enjoyed that. I have to pay the price for that, now, but i still feel i'm learning something from it.

FOOD - was hungry all day, so i just kept eating!

Breakfast
: Giant Green Smoothie - small container blueberries, bananas, whole head swiss chard, leaves off of broccoli and cauliflower, filtered water. I drank 1/2 of the entire Vitamix pitcher.

Snack: carrot, black raspberries handful, 1/4 of a medium watermelon

Lunch: Rest of the green smoothie.

Snack: Mango/Banana 'icecream' - 1 mango cut up, 3 frozen bananas in vitamix with a little water

July 4th Dinner: 1/4 of a medium watermelon, 5 organic corn on the cob raw, strawberry icecream - 3 frozen bananas, 3 frozen strawberries, a little water in vitamix

Hope you are all well.

xoxo michelle joy

No comments: