Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Walk the Line!




























For a long time, i've been wanting to dedicate a blog entry to walking. So here it is!

UNOFFICIAL WEIGHT THIS MORNING and PLANS: 252 3/4 after one "recovery" day and a BIG WALK. I'm very happy with that! Off to work today, wish me luck! I'm going to do the raw bread impulse control again today!


MY HONEY, CLIFF
That's me and my babe in front of our house. Doesn't the love show???? There's a lot of love there.


SKINNY THIGHS
The two pictures below were taken....months apart, but i weigh the SAME in both. The only difference is that in the picture of me standing in front of the house in the purple/black shirt, I was NOT exercising at all. (I was also not eating any salt at all.) In the picture of me with the red headscarf, I've been walking DAILY, and I can see that my THIGHS are MUCH TRIMMER (but my face looks a little bloated). (And i need to dye my hair!!!!)

The exciting part is about my thighs!!! I can see it. Am i crazy??? They look ALOT thinner to me naked in the mirror at home and i can see it here. That's why i searched for the older picture because i remembered when we took it being amazed that my thighs looked so heavy. The new picture, taken yesterday, they look trimmer to me. Exciting!


RESISTANCE
Every morning, well, not every morning, but many many mornings, i don't feel like walking. But i have the best exercise partner, my fiance', Cliffy, who gets out on his bicycle every morning, and as we've set up a system to support each other (Thank God for cell phones), he rings me repeatedly until I finally finish my writing and go out and meet him. I walk and he finishes his ride and it gives us something (or someone) to look forward to seeing! xoxoxo

Wouldn't you know, after a few minutes of walking, i'm enjoying myself so much, i forget i didn't want to!

If you have trouble getting out there to do exercise:
1) get a partner
2) do it anyway, even if you don't feel like it
3) don't put any time limits on walking, just do it and start cultivating an enjoyment for it
4) make it a priority in your life to be good to you


PUSH THROUGH RESISTANCE AND GOOD THINGS HAPPEN
Believe me, desire soon takes over and adventures soon abound...where none formerly were!

Today i walked SO much [this was written yesterday]...WELL over an hour, completely unplanned. I just kept going and going. Cliff was to meet me at the Salvation Army and he was taking a long time...so i just kept going and going, walking uphill, up steps, down and up new streets in Manayunk. It felt so wonderful.

What was so cool is that 1) i hadn't felt like it, but that quickly changed once i started 2) i've grown stronger and walking is more and more enjoyable and no longer a struggle. In fact, i went out initially for a stroll, but it turned into the most strunuous walk i've taken yet 3) the more i walk, the more i want to walk 4) having a loving partner supporting me...(and the goal of heading to the thrift store) is the best motivation.


SALVATION ARMY
Cliff and I are enjoying so much re-decorating the house, getting it organized and buying up fun and beautiful items at the Salvation Army. The thrift store just so happens to be a great 20 minute walk uphill from my home. It is the most wonderful goal to walk up there and know i might find some cool peice of antique furniture or a funky lamp. I love having a goal, a 'place' to walk to. And it's exciting to ring Cliff and say, "Hon, i found the best gaudy italian mirror, it's so gross, i love it, hurry up here, you gotta see this thing!!" Of course, he buys it for me...


THE HILLS OF MANAYUNK
I once dreamed of walking up the huge hill of Hermitage Avenue in Manayunk, and how amazing it would be if i could do that. I never thought i could. I never thought i would. I was asked once what my 'fitness goals' were, and that was actually IT. To be able to DO THAT.

Well, i do. And i can. And i did...today. [written yesterday] As a matter of fact, it was a peice of 'raw' cake today....and it was only ONE of the hills i took!!!

I think raw food gives us alot of energy that we don't get from cooked food.


MY DARLING CLIFF
I'm sending my babe lots of love for his amazing support, his love, his loyalty, his kindness, his caring. I'm so lucky.

When i weighed 425lbs, he loved me then. He loves me now. Only now he's soooo proud of me. And before he was afraid everyday i was going to die.


FOOD/EXERCISE WEDNESDAY
Breakfast
: Chocolate shake (cacao, agave, almond butter, bananas, ice, water)
Exercise: Huge walk
Snack: 3 small apples
Snack: 3 corn on cob in car. better than french fries.
Lunch: 1/2 small watermelon
Snack: 5 bananas
Dinner: big salad of kohlrabi, romaine, tomato, carrot, onion with dressing of 1 heaping Tbsp of cashew butter blenderized with garlic, lemon, water, applecider vinegar.
Snack: Black Cherry Vanilla Banana shake. (banana, cashew, vanilla, black cherry, agave, icecubes, water) HUNGRY!!!!!!!

THINK OF IT THIS WAY. IF I CAN DO IT. YOU CAN DO IT. I WAS THE WORST FAST FOOD BINGE EATER, UNSTOPPABLE, ABSOLUTELY UNSTOPPABLE. THERE WAS ZERO HOPE FOR ME.

NOW I'M WORKING MYSELF OUT OF STRUGGLING WITH GOURMET. WITH SUPPORT, WE CAN DO WHAT WE NEVER THOUGHT WE COULD. LOVE TO YOU GIRLS. YOU CAN DO IT.

xoxoxo michelle joy

No comments: