Saturday, November 7, 2009

Recovery and Repair

Hi there,

I have a cold.

I woke up with a sore throat this morning.

I truly thought i had escaped any negative consequences from my cooked food binge just a few days ago. But, alas, my body has a mind of it's own. Arnold, my boss, says a cold is your body saying it's on overload and that it needs a rest.

A raw day yesterday at work included lots of nuts. I wasn't feeling well yesterday before the nuts AND after.

Huge green smoothie for breakfast this morning. And i cut up oranges and Honeycrisp apples for the outing with my mother. Time to eat lightly and get my body healthy. The lighter i eat, the easier it will be for my body to fight off the cold.

I also did the saline nasal rinse this morning. Do you know about that? Well worth the investment. Keeps the sinuses free flowing. Also gargled with the salty water. Supposed to kill the sore throat. We shall see!

My mom and I are headed to watch the Met simulcast of Turandot at the Regal Warrington movie theater. So awesome, i can't wait, but i'm sneezing alot and not really feeling terrific, but i'll make the best of it.

I've had so much on my mind about the blog and about the nature of food and about my eating issues. So much going around in my head. Everyday, it seems, i'm in another headspace and, uh, it ain't fun. I guess you've figured that out if you read this!!!

Well, my mom seems to be ready. Have a wonderful day. More at another time.

xoxox michelle

No comments: