Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Singing Halloween!









Hiya Witches, Gobblins and Goonies!

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween!

Tonight i sang at a masquerade party in center city, 21st and Spruce Street, in a stunning huge brownstone at the wonderful party of my new friends, Valerie and Joe and their children Joe Jr. and Francesca. I'm sorry that i was so preoccupied with singing that i didn't even get any pictures of the family!

(You can see above the pictures we did get - some funny costumes including a giant black penis we ran into at the gas station on the way home! Hysterical!)

SINGING UPDATE
I am so very very pleased to report that I sang so extremely amazingly well! I am flying HIGH right now! I can honestly say that i have never ever sung better!!!!!

I am SO BLESSED that i am now studying with Dolores Cascarino. I needed a teacher to 'finish' me and that is just what is happening! Did i attract that into my life??? Oh, god, i'm so happy. I sang effortlessly, professionally, easily, from high to low and back, no stress, no strain. I'm so HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPPPPPY!!! The techniques that she is teaching me, work!

Uy, uy, uy, but coming to good singing today was hard going. Vocalizing today was challenging. I'm still learning how to brige the gap between two different singing techniques. I fell back into bad habits, panicked quite a bit, sang poorly quite a bit before i sang well, but ultimately, recognized that i had fallen back to what DIDN'T work, and pulled myself out, getting onto the track of what DID work. It was a very powerful practice session. I was able to work through bad....to good! When i discovered what was working, i was like, 'wow, THIS is it!' Singing well feels like FLYING! Having had an ultimately successful warm up was the basis of my fantastic singing tonight.

So, performing tonight i was able to STAY on that track and not get off. That was absolutely THRILLING!!! I stunned myself i was so good.

So, all in all, warming up, I applied the new tools that Dolores gave me to what worked of my old technique....and discovered i am freakin' fabulous.

I decided NOT to 'throw the baby out with the bath water' and to safely use my old vocalises and ideas from my old singing "technique" that most certainly WORKED, mixed TOGETHER with the new technique while warming up. In not throwing out what worked of the old technique....but adding ON TOP OF THAT the new....i really feel like i have come upon my 'finished' voice.

HALLELUJAH!!!!

Last week I sang and was just okay. I had forgotten to do what i know that works. All of a sudden i had a high larynx and shallow breathing and strain after singing. All of a sudden, i was like, 'how do i breath? how do i sing high?' Like all of a sudden i didn't know how to do anything anymore.

So i learned to TRUST myself tonight. I KNOW what works. And i KNOW what doesn't. Some of it i just had to trust that i already KNEW, and some of it i've JUST learned...applied...and mastered...all in one amazing night. I feel so empowered. I feel skilled. I feel so good.

Tonight, i combined the basis of my OLD TECHNIQUE joined TOGETHER with the new technique...and oila'....it was an unequivocal success!!!!!!

Hard to explain, but i hope you can understand.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I ate lighter and less food this week and it helped me to zip my dress and feel comfortable! Just a week ago, i was busting out of the dress! That is the power of raw! Quick weight loss!! And weight management!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And the other side of raw is PLEASURE! Since i abstained from salt and abundant nuts this week, i treated myself to a celebratory meal after singing that was sooooooo good, so yummo, so decadent, the decadent side of raw! It was in no way a binge, but a fantastical MEAL.

I had raw toona salad I made up for myself days ago, but never ate, served on curry flax crackers with marinated roma tomato, and a vanilla banana pudding with chocolate cream swirled through it. Pure raw joy! After such a big success tonight, i deserved it!!!

I'll talk more in the future about what i keep in my fridge and cabinets to make a quick fantastical meal....in seconds! Master sauces, crackers and pates.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

With raw, we can CHOOSE if we want to indulge or go lean. It is such a wonderful way of life. I have the CONTROL!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I don't think it's a coincidence that I discovered the right singing teacher for me just as I was ready for it. And i don't think it's any coincidence that I discovered the "breakaway program" online when i was ready to give up emotional eating.

I feel things are just about to push through. It feels like this is going to be a time of intense growth.

As my eating habits improve, my singing habits improve, i'm readying myself for gigantic success.

I've always known i had the potential to be a great singer, because i KNEW what great singing was and wanted to be a great singer, and because i WANTED it, it's now coming to fruition. After SO much hard work, so much struggle, so much pain, i'm finally finding my way to singing i can COUNT ON! How GOOD does THAT feel????? I can't TELL you how gratifying that is.

I've been afraid to pursue singing professionally, but i don't feel afraid tonight. I really think i'm good enough now.

There were no agents at the party tonight, but I know if i want one to hear me and hire me, all i have to do is DESIRE it...and one will find me!

I could make my dreams come true....just by dreaming them into reality!

And so can you!!!

What's your dream???

I sang this song tonight...."Climb Ev'ry Mountain," so i'll share it with you - It's about perseverance, it's about never giving up until you reach the top of the mountain, it's about finding your way and not letting anything get in your way.

I lived my dream tonight - My dream was always to sing like Flagstad, like Eileen Farrell, like Regine Crespin. This is only the BEGINNING of something really really miraculous.

What's your dream????

CLIMB EV'RY MOUNTAIN
Climb ev'ry mountain
Search high and low
Follow ev'ry byway
Ev'ry path you know

Climb Ev'ry Mountain
Ford Ev'ry Stream
Follow Ev'ry rainbow
Till you find your dream

A dream that will need
All the love you can give
Ev'ry day of your life
For as long as you live!

Climb ev'ry mountain
Ford ev'ry stream
follow ev'ry rainbow
Till...you...find....your...dream!

xoxo michelle joy

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Congrats on your success, Michelle, both on and off the singing stage!