Monday, June 1, 2009

Climb Ev'ry Mountain!




Beginning Raw Vegan Weight: 425

Beginning Blog Weight: 277

Yesterdays Weight: 260

Today's Weight: 260

Today's Loss - 0 lbs

Total Blog Loss: 17 lbs in one week and one day!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Good morning! 0 lost today! Yay! It's better than gaining!

A favorite expression of a good friend of mine is: "Let it be like water off a duck's back!" Meaning, don't let it affect you in the least. (water rolls off of a duck's back because their feathers are oily). Words to live by!!! How can we move forward if we let everything drag us down???? Forget about it and move ON!!!

Today is a day to rejoice! A pure raw joy day! I'm buying my airline tickets for the Raw Union! Yay! I am going to be singing at Angela and Matt's wedding!

Angela and Matt have requested for me to sing 'Ave Maria' and 'Climb Ev'ry Mountain' in their wedding ceremony. I am also going to be featured during the festival, presenting my raw journey/weight loss story and sing one or two arias!

Was I ever excited to see my BIO included in the MUSIC section of the raw union website!

http://rawunion.wordpress.com/music/


Above are some pics of me performing last year in a concert entitled, "From Opera to Broadway," which featured works of Puccini, Gershwin, Rodgers and Hammerstein and Lloyd Webber. It was a great night. My accompanist, Alex Ramirez (also pictured above) and I now perform this show all over Philadelphia. I'm at least 30 lbs heavier in these pics than i am now. This gown is way too big on me now. I had to buy a new one, a size 20, which i will wear to sing in the RAW UNION WEDDING!

Time for my walk!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Walked at least 1.5 hours, uphill, downhill, everywhere! What an exciting adventurous walk. I took a totally new route, went up Ridge Ave, stopped at Starbucks for herbal tea, stopped at the Salvation Army, went window shopping, and felt like my old 'raw retreat walking self.' This is MARVELOUS. I'm so blessed to be able to do this! I was out from 9:30a.m. until 11:45a.m. With all of the stopping, I walked at least 1.5 hours, maybe more.

During my walk, I passed by a hairsalon with this sign in their window:

"Failure is expected by losers, and ignored by winners!"

How profound! How amazing of God to put that sign in my sight this morning. Thank you, God!

Appropriate to a discussion with a good friend about the value of 'emotions,' this saying goes to show that giving into our negative feelings is not the way to success. The mind, programmed for success, must oversee the emotions, and keep them in check.

I've changed so much during my raw journey. I now KNOW i am a 'winner'. I am able to persevere, push past failure and achieve success. No more wallowing in self pity. No more looking back. I'm looking forward, and I see good things happening!

Pre-Walk: Glass filtered water

Breakfast: 3 small peaches

Walk: Long walk, 1.5 hours, low-moderate pace

Beverage: Venti iced herbal tea, that's a really big one in 'Starbuckian'

Post Walk: Large glass filtered water

Lunch
: Giant Green Smoothie: whole head of green leaf lettuce, 2 bananas, 1 peach, 2 nectarines, no agave, filtered water, icecubes. Not sweet at all. Not delicious, but tolerable. Didn't have any greens the past two days...terrible!

Dinner: Big Dinner: 2 cobs of fresh raw corn, awesome. Zucchini spaghetti with chopped tomatoes on it, fresh lemon juice, garlic powder, basil flakes, black pepper and 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast. Kinda yucky. Didn't enjoy it. Dessert: choco banana pudding (Vitamixed 1/2 tray icecubes, 2 bananas, agave, 1 tsp cacao powder, 3 squirts vanilla). 25 fresh red cherries.

Snack: Peach Slushy: 2 trays ice, 2 bananas, agave (I couldn't resist), 3 small peaches, 1 Tbsp coconut flakes, 3 squirts organic vanilla extract liquid, enough water just to make Vitamix move. It's like water ice!

Was STRESSED, and hungry-ish, mostly thirsty. Stressed from airline reservation attempts online. FRUSTRATING.

xoxo, Michelle joy

No comments: