Friday, June 26, 2009

Flower Petals, Balloons and Sunshine!

Beginning Raw Vegan Weight: 425

Beginning Blog Weight: 277

Yesterday's Weight: 250 lbs

Today’s Weight: 250 lbs

Today's Loss: 0

Total Blog Loss: 27 lbs in 4 weeks and 6 days!

NEW GOAL: 249 - only 1 lb away!!

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: 175 lbs

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

THE RAW WEDDING CEREMONY
Good morning, Folks! Above you will see a picture of the raw wedding ceremony. The glorious Mr. "Avocado" David Wolfe, whom i adore, performed the ceremony as he is an Essene Minister of God. Who knew? The ceremony took place on a beautiful veranda overlooking everyone in attendance at the Angels Organic Farm in Central Point, OR. www.angelsorganicfarm.com

MRS. STOKES-MONARCH
Here is the new Mrs. Angela Stokes-Monarch, the raw goddess, and me. Angela is a huge inspiration to me.

In this photo, she so tenderly reached for my hand and leaned her head to mine that i was sincerely touched. What a vision of beauty she is in this photo. She wore a dress of light green, a very earthy statement, which had a 'renaissance faire' feel about it. She had henna tattooed to her arm for the occasssion, and wore a tiara of silver and torquoise. No makeup. She doesn't need it, she is such a natural beauty. Those big blue sincere honest eyes just cut right through to your soul. I LOVE Angela. The sun was crashing through the clouds and i said to her, "I want to look just like you...and soon, i will!" Angela weighed almost 300 lbs at her highest weight and now weighs about 140. We are about the same height! If i could only be so beautiful!

I am wearing the tie dye dress i spoke of yesterday! Everyone really liked it. I felt good and fit in with the casual hippie-funky raw foodist crowd. I think i would have felt silly in my formal gown.

DAVID AVOCADO WOLFE
David Wolfe and me. OH, i LOVE David Wolfe. What a charismatic, warm, friendly person. What a wonderful and engaging speaker! David really connects with you when he speaks. You realy feel like he is looking right INTO your soul. I just adore him. And i LOVE and CHERISH this photo! God, he was embracing me and we had to wait a long time for the flash and he just wouldn't let go! I was flattered!

I dyed my hair a little darker shade and it covered up the thinning quite effectively that evening, i was really pleased with how the pictures turned out. It was nice to not look bald for an evening!!!!

THE GROOM
The fabulous groom, Mr. Matt Monarch, and me below at the raw wedding reception. Matt is so attractive with his long curls, and i'll never forget the special way he showed his appreciation to me for my singing. After the bride and groom kissed and I sang 'Climb Ev'ry Mountain,' he turned to me with tears in his eyes and whispered, 'THANK YOU!'. It was very touching, and i felt like, i did 'good' if the groom was happy!

In the foreground, you can see one of the raw cakes! Isn't it gorgeous????!!! There were in actuality about 4 or 5 cakes to feed the 300 raw foodists in attendance. One was more delicious than the next. My favorite hands down was the coconut cream pie from "Cafe' Gratitude"!

Looking at the pictures really fills me with joy!

DUSTIN AND MEREDITH!
It was so nice to spend time with Dustin and Meredith, my friends from Arnolds Way, who recently moved to Colordo and drove all the way from Colorodo to attend the wedding and festival!!

If there is another festival next year, i am going to personally see to it that Meredith and Dustin get in on the artistic side of the preparations! Ms. Meredith could create the most UNREAL raw anniversary cake, because, people, she is THE MOST TALENTED baker and raw food chef i have EVER met! Ms. Meredith in fact had a successful fulltime business creating vegan and trational cakes in the most artistic shapes one could ever imagine. To see her creations check out http://www.tinylittleovencakes.com/. Ms. Meredith is no longer 'baking' in the traditional sense since moving to Boulder. Her RAW creations, which are her focus now, however, are BEYOND...and our little ms. thang is going to be a HUGE raw food infuence on the Boulder area. Wait until they taste HER raw cake. I swear she sneaks real cake crumbs in it, because, hers really TASTES like CAKE!!! Ms. Meredith's blog is http://www.therawseed.com/. It's my favorite blog. We will have to hire her husband, Dustin, also, to do a mural for the anniversary festival! What an amazingly gifted artist, painter, tattoo artist. Check out Dustin's blog: http://www.hundrethmonkeyeffect.net/ Forthcoming pictures to be posted of Dustin sketching during the festival, his favorite pasttime!

Here is the cute couple standing in front of the main stage area at the Angels Organic Farm in front of a beautiful shrine created from wood logs, flower petals and candles. So pretty!

I wish i could continue to reminisce, but will have to save that for future blogs!

For now, i have to get ready for work and take a short walk. I missed my walk yesterday as i got late writing. I do get absorbed and find it hard to stop!

TIME FOR WORK
Yesterday was slightly stressful at work, as work in a kitchen inherently is, and i so wanted to eat a banana whip or a shake with bananas in it. But, i'm really trying to break 250, so i was a good girl! Self control is so much easier on 80-10-10. Controlling myself on gourmet is a MUCH GREATER challenge. So, again, today, i will focus on my fruity, greeny, low fat, no salt, low banana diet in the hopes of soon breaking 250!! I'm soooo close!

I've appreciated all of your letters of support so very much! Looking forward to getting back to all of you soon!

xoxoxo Michelle Joy

3 comments:

Michelle Pierson said...

Michelle, you look amazing in your pictures with David and Matt. You go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw you on Matt's tape! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! It's great to see another person really thriving on low fat, high fruit raw...and without many bananas? You *must* be crazy. ;)

Keep up the awesome weight loss,

Swayze
www.fitonraw.com/blog