Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"It has to be a PRIORITY to be Healthy & Loving to Yourself"


Beginning Raw Vegan Weight: 425

Beginning Blog Weight: 277

Weight Yesterday: 260

Weight Today: 258 3/4

Weight Loss Today: -1 1/4 lb

Total Blog Loss: 18 1/4 lbs in 10 days! Only 4 3/4 lbs to meet my 2 week goal!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Another old pic above. Wow, i really did look alot different then. I look very big to myself here. It is hard to believe I was about 30-40 lbs shy of my highest weight there even. I'm so happy, blessed & elated to be on this journey!

I'm off for my walk soon!

And then to my singing lesson at 1pm! I'm getting ready for the Raw Union where I will be singing!
www.rawunion.com I'll also be purchasing my airline tickets today for the festival. (Please send me lots of loving and calming thoughts for the ordeal of purchasing airline tickets online. I was extremely frustrated trying to find an affordable flight yesterday.) Medford, OREGON, here I come!

My singing teacher is the wonderful Badiene Magaziner, an opera singer and marvelous teacher, who also eats raw! We met at, of all places, the raw retreat I went to. Here is her website!
www.voice-teacher.com Badiene heard me sing in the talent show, and took me under her wing ever since. We met in California, but live within a half hour of each other. Is that not fate? I've improved leaps and bounds since studying with Badiene. She is an amazing artist, a Juilliard graduate, and she starred at the Kennedy Center. A true professional and a wonderful teacher.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Writing this blog has been such a joy and such a tremendous support to me, and I have received such positive lovely responses from readers. I love to hear from you, so please keep those emails coming! LaSoprana@aol.com It seems alot of us out there in the raw community suffer in silence. Here are excerpts from one particularly heartfelt and wise email. Thank you, Sheryl for your wisdom and love!

"I just want to tell you that you don’t ever have to feel alone. There are so many of us out there who go through the very same struggles with food that you do. There are a lot of us, me included, who can totally relate to how you feel. I think that you are a “sensitive” (like me) and you feel very deeply about things. And when you feel something that is sad or difficult, it is too much to handle, and so you go for the extra fatty, sugary or salty food to make those uncomfortable feelings go away. I can totally relate to that.

For me, when, for various reasons, I am feeling low self esteem….I have for a moment fallen out of love with myself, then I am vulnerable to eating food that I know that my body will not approve of…and I eat it to satisfy my taste buds and to ease the pain of those feelings. Also when I’m feeling anxious, worried or fearful, I am prone to eating something without even realizing it.

I think that if we filled ourselves up with incredible love from the moment we wake up till the time we go to sleep, that would be a natural appetite repressor.

Kevin Gianni (a journalist by trade and an active raw foodist – he has the Renegade Health Show) – he says that in order to change a habit like over eating, we have to create an “interrupt” at the moment that we would ordinarily grab for the undesirable food. But I think we need to take it one step back. When the feeling of discontent, self doubt, fear, anxiety, worry or an unsettling feeling comes over us, we need to say something or do something at the moment that this uncomfortable feeling comes over us with a rush. Then with practice, the idea of eating when not hungry, eating beyond that satisfied feeling comes about and eating beyond that will be a thing of the past.

Ohh….Ohh…before I forget. Kevin also says that if we really want to succeed at any of our health and/or weight loss goals…or any goals for that matter, we have to make it a priority. It has to be a priority to be healthy and to be loving to yourself and to do what is required to lose weight in the way that resonates with your own heart and lifestyle."

Love and hugs,
Sheryl

Today's Report:

Went for a 35 mins walk as i have to get ready for my singing lesson, but it was an intense walk, i was sweating and going at a good clip. I may do something later, like take a swim or another walk or maybe nothing. We'll see what i choose. (I love making choices, they're so empowering, so freeing!)

Pre-Walk: 1 venti herbal iced half caf mocha frappa macchiato dolce latte with a twist of lime. just kidding. just a non sweetened herbal tea!

Exercise: 35 mins walk, good pace.

Water: 1 quart filtered water

Breakfast: 2 large bananas. The ones i have at home are much smaller. These were big!

Lunch: Very large tart green smoothie: 3/4 head romaine, 1 tray icecubes, 1 cup water, 1 large banana, 3 tart peaches, no agave :-(!!! Blenderize and pucker up!

Activity: Singing Lesson. Excellent lesson. Opera singing is physical work. I'm pooped!

Snack: 1 lb sweet red cherries, and 6 peices of "God's candy" from the middle eastern store, buttery soft HUGE ultra fresh Medjool dates, mind blowing succulence! I want to get naked and feed DATES to...Adam Lambert!!!!!!, then undress him, smash pitted Medjool dates all over his hot sexy body and eat them off !!! MMMmmmm! But i don't think it would result in hot sexy love...since my name isn't....Michael Jay, it's Michelle Joy! I still think he would like it, though, he's so sexy and sensual! I know I would! LOOOOVE Him!!!

Dinner: 'Tomato Corn Bisque' - Recipe below! And 7 more huge globs of gooey love, medjool dates. (Let's see how THESE affect the weight tomorrow! No nutritional yeast today, let's see what that does, too. And i've not yet had any agave. I'll try to hold out all day!)

Snack: TBD!!!

Tomato Corn Bisque
A thick no fat/no salt tomato based soup with fresh corn as the highlight. Definitely hard core! But, pleasant, and the corn floating in the soup gave it a nice sweet crunch amidst the thick spicy soup. If you are a strict 80-10-10'er, you'd omit the garlic, ginger and hot pepper. If you're a gourmet-er, splash some olive oil over, or some chopped avocado, or savory cashew cream, and sprinkle on some celtic salt. Would be yum.

In Vitamix, blenderize until as smooth as desired

  • 1 cup water
  • 3 red ripe tomatoes, cut in half
  • 1 carrot, rough chop
  • 1/8 cup red cabbage, rough chop
  • 1/2 large red pepper, rough chop
  • 1/3 of a large zucchini, rough chop
  • 1 inch long hot green pepper for spicyness
  • 1/3 tsp fresh ginger, in small peices
  • 1 very small garlic clove
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • RESERVE: 1 large ear shucked corn
  • RESERVE: fresh choppped herbs, cilantro, etc...

Pour into large serving bowl. Place shucked corn cob, standing up, into soup and slice kernels off of cob with a knife, landing the kernels into the soup. Scrape cob well with knife, adding all juices and scapings to soup also. Discard soupy scraped cob. Stir corn kernels into soup. Garnish with fresh herbs. I only had dried basil, so i threw some of that on. I think it would have been really good with chopped cilantro.

This soup was a pleasant and a very large portion! Normal people would eat one bowl and save the rest for later. I ate 3 bowls full from this entire recipe. Really filling. The corn stood out as very sweet amidst the spicy soup. It was very spicy, but, when there's no salt, it can be nice to jack up the other flavors....!


More later!

xoxo michelle joy

No comments: