Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summertime, And the Livin' Is Easy!




Beginning Raw Vegan Weight: 425

Beginning Blog Weight: 277

Weight Yesterday: 251 3/4

Weight Today: 252

Today’s Loss: + 1/4

Total Blog Loss: 24 1/2 lbs in 3 weeks and 3 days...and a LOT of inches!

NEW GOAL: 249 - only 3 lbs away!!

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: 172 1/2 lbs

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ONE SUMMER CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Good Morning :-)) Here's a side by side of 'before' and 'after' from 1 summer apart. Last summer i weighed in the high 280's or 290s'.

In the second picture, i'm roughly the same as i am now, 252. It's not a dramatic difference, but i can see a difference. It's at least a 30/35 lb difference.

I remembering when i looked at that picture of myself standing in the water last summer after we shot it, i looked really heavy to myself. I mean, heavy is relative, but i thought i looked more like i do today, and was surprised to see that i didn't.

It's nice to look now today, like i thought i did then!


WEIGHTY MATTERS
A little bit up in the weight today, but that's because I didn't walk and chose to drink a shake with 4 bananas and 3 fats - 1 Tsp cacao butter, 2 Tbsp coconut flakes and 2 Tbsp chocolate. I didn't put agave in it, wanted to, but if i had, it would have been worth it! It wasn't THAT tasty afterall.

You know what, though? I am so NOT upset. In fact, i think it's kind of cool to now KNOW exactly how to CONTROL my weight. On days when i am not so concerned about full force losing, i can loosen the reigns a bit, as i apparently did yesterday. Daily fluxuations are to be expected anyway. If i were weighing myself weekly, we wouldn't see little blips up.

I think i like weighing myself daily, though. It's helping me really focus. And doesn't allow anything to get out of control.


COPING WITH STRESS
I encountered some stress yesterday (just the normal stresses of getting ready to travel and also the stress of getting ready for a performance and planning that), and tried to talk myself calm, think positive, meditate, the whole calming routine, but i still wanted a more comforting meal, which means, a 'fattier' meal, so, you know what? i had it, the shake i refered to above, and it wasn't even THAT fatty. I still controlled myself pretty well. 4 Tbsp of cashew butter might have been a different story. So, a little extra coconut and cacao. And the walls didn't come tumbling down. lightening didn't strike. i survived. it didn't escale. and i'm still here.

Then i took a bath, did some laundry. Spoke with my darling friend, Talia on the phone. She is so great, i just love her. I eventually relaxed.

We talked about how when i'm not stuffing myself with food, i just have to feel my feelings. And feelings don't always feel good. I just have to get used to that. Accept that. Roll with the punches.


REFOCUS
When i get home from Oregon, i'll refocus. And it will be very exciting, because i'll get under 250, yay!!!


MYSPACE COMING SOON

I've been working on a myspace page, www.myspace.com/michellejoyschulman, but was told it was the wrong kind, it's a 'regular' myspace page, and not a 'music' myspace page. so, i have to cancel my url and create a new one in the music area so that i am able to put clips of my singing on it. One can't do that on a regular myspace page. Who knew?

Lots to do today before i fly out on thursday!! Wishing you a wonderful day!

FOOD/ACTIVITY
  • BREAKFAST: A few peices of fresh fruit before running out for my throat dr appointment. I am thrilled to report my vocal cords look perfect and everything is good to go. I had a serious sinus infection a month ago which left me with some swelling. All is fine now, yay!
  • SNACK: watermelon and a few peaches in the car
  • EXERCISE: 47 minute walk home. Cliff dropped me off 2 3/4 miles away from home. I didn't feel like walking...but after 2 minutes forgot that and enjoyed it. I even practiced my songs, so it was so enjoyable!!! That initial resistence is SO NOT the right voice to listen to.
  • LUNCH: Blueberry Pudding: 2 whole big containers of fresh ripe blueberries, 1.5 bananas, 6 frozen strawberries, all vitamixed. I like to eat with spoon out of vitamix cannister.
  • SNACK: 3 corn on cob
  • DINNER: Salad with 1/2 large red ripe Jersey tomato, leftover red leaf lettuce, 1/2 cup shredded bok choy, 1 tbsp raw tahini mixed with a little water and juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 small clove of garlic smashed up, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast. this was good!
  • VOCAL PRACTICE: Awesome practice time. I have GOT it. Man, was i off course during that studio recording session. I am ON TRACK. It feels AMAZING!!!! Here are some comments from my new raw singing friend and amazing letter-writer, Cheri xoxo!!!!! Cheri, you 'rawk'!!!!:

    "I doubt if most people who do not sing can truly comprehend your recent fustrustation with both your recording session and your practices. AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!! I used to feel so helpless when I went into those phases and could not figure out how to pull myself out. Then when it does all come together it simply feels like you are an eagle, floating up there in the sky. It is PHENOMENAL!! I am so glad you are in this space, especially before the event." Cheri

    Cheri, i couldn't have said it any better than you! Singing well feels like flying!! I am really starting to get excited for the event because I'm on track vocally. I have the kind of voice where if the mechanics are not working, it's like being christy yamaguchi with a broken leg. The better i can connect vocally, the better i am able to connect with my emotions and share my joy!!!!
  • SNACK: Peachy Pudding: 1.5 bananas, 6 small ripe peaches, 1 tray icecubes, all vitamixed. Resisted my desire for agave!

    xoxox michelle

1 comment:

Ordinary Mystic said...

Hi Michelle,

I love all of the dresses, but the black and the tan outfits are absolutely stunning.

Love and hugs,

Sheryl