Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fly away, you let me fly so high, oh, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings!


Beginning Raw Vegan Weight: 425

Beginning Blog Weight: 277

Weight Yesterday: 252

Weight Today: 251 1/4

Today’s Loss: -3/4

Total Blog Loss: 25 3/4 lbs in 3 weeks and 4 days...and a LOT of inches! Saturday will be 4 weeks on this low fat, high fruit, no salt plan!

NEW GOAL: 249 - only 2 1/4 lbs away!!

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: 173 3/4 lbs

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A BIG DAY
Well, it's a rainy morning here in Philadelphia, but I'm happy because i not only lost weight and understand HOW to lose weight at this phase of my journey on raw (low fat, no salt, low bananas, exercise), and I'm nearing breaking 250, but that's not ONLY it...I'm happy because today is a VERY BIG DAY!


THE RAW WEDDING UNION - OREGON, HERE I COME!
Wish me a good flight out to OREGON! I leave today at noon for the RAW UNION!!!!!! http://www.rawunion.com/ where i will be singing in the wedding ceremony and reception of Matt Monarch and Angela Stokes, and I'll be sharing my story at the festival! There will be 300 people coming and it is going to be a rawking good time filled with tons of raw energy, raw teaching, raw music, raw food and raw fun!

I am taking my digital camera and will try to keep you updated every few days, if possible. I am staying with some friends and hopefully i will have access to their computer. These friends are marvelous. They are former customers of Arnolds Way http://www.arnoldsway.com/, the raw cafe and education center i am a raw chef at. Was it not divinely inspired that they should move from Philadelphia to 20 minutes away from the festival site...and invite me to stay with them??? Awesome. God works in strange ways!

Silly me. I still can't decide between the pink dress or the camoflaugey one!!! Thank you for all of your replies. It was exactly a 50/50 call for either of them. I feel prettier in the pink one, it's more feminine, but Cliff prefers the greenier one as do 50% of you. Maybe i'll bring both and see how i feel that day! The formal ones are the most beautiful, and i got replies for them as well, but being that they both don't fit and are too big, and that they are FORMAL, i think i'll go with a less formal one. I don't even know if Angela will wear a formal gown herself! I would honestly be surprised if she did. you know what, i can bring the black formal one, just in case! i may have to steam it after folding in my suitcase, but it might not be a bad idea!!


WE CAN'T SUCCEED WITHOUT SUPPORT!
My love and appreciation to all of you for your amazing support of me on my journey! Thank you, Debbie, Holly, Shawna, Talia, my new friend Cheri, Glenda, Rebecca, Meredith, Sheryl, Mary, Karen, and so many others! I cannot do this without your support! Knowing you are THERE has made ALL of the difference.

In those little moments when i feel like doing something naughty, not that agave is so naughty, but avoiding it is helping push the scale weight down, i remember that YOU are there rooting me on and i think 'twice'. I HIGHLY recommend blogging to ANYONE who needs support. It has been AMAZINGLY focusing for me.

So, i THANK YOU!!!


THE RAW JOURNEY, IT WORKS! - GOURMET TO LOW FAT - FIND THE BALANCE THAT FITS YOU...BUT KNOW, THAT RAW IS THE WAY TO GO!
So many of you are on your own raw journeys and i give you so much credit. Stay on the path and you will see success!

For me, raw has been THE ONLY diet to deliver me from crippling food compulsions, chronic devastating binge eating and constant weight gain, mental obsession with food and depression. I finally feel hopeful!

Raw food, especially low fat, no salt, low banana raw, when the time is right in your journey, can be a savior. In the beginning, it may be premature, or best left as the bulk of your diet and supplemented with many gourmet treats. You need to see what works for you. My friend, Dustin, http://www.dustinkellogg.com/ has lost like 80 lbs drinking tons of fresh green juice, green smoothies and then having gourmet meals in the evening. There was a time i could eat MUCH more gourmet. I lost the initial bulk of my weight indulging in gourmet OFTEN, but then i abused it and I turned into a total raw gourmet binge freak and gained, but i am finally back on the losing track and feeling physically energetic and motivated due to low fat low banana no salt raw with exercise.

I hope to still incorporate some gourmet in the near future. Uh, the VERY near future. I may have something gourmet-ish after i sing, but only after. Salt bloats me and fat gives me reflux. Meredith and Dustin, yay! are coming to the wedding festival, so hopefully we will be able to share a fabulous meal together after the wedding singing is done!

Overall, I highly reccommend a plan such as this when weight loss on raw is desired, but has stalled. What a dissappointment and discouragement THAT can be. To go raw to lose weight and to NOT see the pounds melt away. You know, it's totally FABULOUS to just STAY THE SAME weight on raw for a while, too. I was happy with that for a LONG time. Just staying the same was MORE than i ever accomplished on regular dieting.

When losing is desired, the key has also been walking. We have to move to lose.

The great part about all of this is that we're finally figuring out how to lose, how to stay the same, how to gain on raw. With that knowledge at our fingertips, we are FINALLY IN CONTROL. There is no black and white. There are CHOICES. We are FREE. With raw, we fly high...! Raw and YOU are the wind beneath MY wings!

God bless you all!
I'll be in touch soon! Love to you all!

xoxo michelle joy

No comments: