Thursday, September 9, 2010

GREAT VOICES









Hi Folks,

My accompanist, Alex, and I, are performing our new concert, "GREAT VOICES OF THE HOLLYWOOD FILMS," in Vienna, Virginia this weekend, on Sunday, Sept 12 at 4pm at the Oakton Church of the Brethren. http://www.oaktonbrethren.org/announcements.php#113 If you live near this Washington, DC area suburb, please do come out and hear the show! It is free of charge.

We have fantastic music - highlighting our favorite singing stars like Deanna Durbin, Jeannette MacDonald, Irene Dunn, Kathryn Grayson, Mario Lanza, Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand and Shirley Jones.

PROGRAM
The Maids of Cadiz
, by Léo Delibes
Indian Love Call, by Harbach/Hammerstein/Friml
Ah! Sweet Mystery of Life, by Victor Herbert
Siboney, by Ernesto Lecuona
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, by Harbach/Kern
Selections from "Showboat" piano solo
“Habañera” from Carmen, by Georges Bizet
Be My Love, by Cahn/Brodsky
Granada, by Augustin Lara
Embraceable You, by George and Ira Gershwin
Piano Medley of Songs From Judy Garland’s Films
The Way He Makes Me Feel, from Yentl, by LeGrand/Bergman
Papa, Can You Hear Me, from Yentl, by LeGrand/Bergman
Hello, Dolly!, by Jerry Herman
Till There Was You, by Meredith Wilson
You'll Never Walk Alone, by Rodgers and Hammerstein

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At a time when my eating is horrible again, my singing is fabulous! Go, figure! Maybe eating soothes my nerves.

When i sang at the Vibrant Living Festival, my diet was so clean, my voice was reflux-free, but i have never sung WORSE. I was filled with such tension, worry, fear. Maybe fat-free eating doesn't really agree with me?

I have reflux (laryngitis) now with what i'm eating, but, with my new technique, i'm learning to sing through it and over it. Pretty awesome.

Hopefully success in my diet and in my singing will come together some day. Hopefully you can hear me someday when i'm really good.

~ ~ ~ ~

Dr. D wants me to start Watermelon Island tomorrow morning.

I've been going downhill, binge eating terribly, 4 or 5 days now. It takes on a life of it's own, quite rapidly.

He says it will take 7-10 years to resolve, eating only fruit.

I'm not too anxious to dedicate the next 7-10 years of my life eating fruit only.

However, getting back on track over the next 2 months would help me to establish some control over my eating and weight again. At least temporarily.

~ ~ ~ ~

Wish me luck on both accounts - singing AND diet.

xoxo michelle joy

2 comments:

max said...

I BELIEVE IN YOU MJOY

xo,
mikelle

Unknown said...

I hope you swimming in watermelons and that everything is going well with Mom. I get real concerned when you do not blog for a few days. You have my love and prayers, I know you can get this under control and be where you want.

Best regards,
Carol