Friday, May 28, 2010

ANNE CAMPION, COMPULSIVE EATING SUCCESS COACH

[I weighed myself this morning: 309.5] Accepting of what i've done to myself again, but obviously NOT happy about it. We all make choices and I've chosen to let it get this bad again. I know there is a way out. I found this website last night dealing with raw food and binge eating. I'm hoping Anne is still an active coach. She lives in Sydney, Australia. Wish me luck.

Letter to www.CompulsiveEatingSuccessCoach.com

Hi Anne,

Not sure if you are still actively coaching?

A little bit about me: I am a raw food chef, I do raw food catering, I work at Arnolds Way Raw Vegetarian Cafe and Education Center. I am a local opera singer and singing teacher.

3.5 years ago, I released 140 lbs (I went from 425 to 285) at Optimum Health Institute in San Diego, CA. I entered the raw retreat initially as a guest, and ended up staying for 8 months as a volunteer guest 'worker.'

When i came home, i got the job at Arnolds Way and stayed on the raw path. I did a lot of binge eating on gourmet raw food as a raw foodist when i came home from the retreat, but I was still exercising ALOT and my metabolism was in high gear. Basically, i could eat all day...and NOT gain weight!

When the exercising died down, i started to gain.

My boss, Arnold, is a fruitarian, and he turned me on to 80-10-10. That summer, i followed a strict LOW FAT NO SALT 80-10-10 plan, restricting bananas to 1 per day, no oil, no nuts, no salt. I released another 40 lbs and was just under 250 lbs.

That summer, doing 80-10-10 and exercising and looking so good seems like a dream.

80-10-10 completely eliminated my binge eating...as long as i stayed on it. As soon as i went off, i went nuts on the raw gourmet food and would gain back 20+ lbs. To lose the weight and stop binge eating, I would go back on strict 80-10-10. At the time, i was unhappy with this constant yo yo'ing up and down, but at least i was managing, and my weight would routinely return to the 250's.

About 7 months ago, i got the idea that cooked beans would be healthier for me to eat than nuts. I experimented with the Dr. Fuhrman program (cooked vegan). That would have been fine had i been able to stick with just healthy cooked vegan foods. Soon i was into the pizza and veggie eggrolls and I was binge eating on cooked vegetarian non-stop. Binge eating became as bad as ever.

I've been back and forth off raw, on raw, off raw, on raw. I keep returning to it because at least it is a respite from binge eating and weight gain. But, I have not been able to come to terms with a plan that WORKS FOR ME.

Right now, my life has been very stressful. My mother is in the hospital and I've had a lot of work-related stress. I've been binge eating again on cooked vegetarian food and have gained quite a bit of weight again.

I'm looking for a coach to help me with binge eating, getting back into daily strenuous exercise (walking hills and swimming, which i love), losing weight, and eating mostly - if not all raw. Low fat raw programs always appeal to my desire to lose weight quickly, but i can never maintain them. I seek balance.

I can't keep doing what i'm doing. I probably weigh about 300 lbs again.

Please help.

Michelle joy
xoxoxo

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Michelle -

So sorry you are having all this trouble. When you did 811 this last time, it seems you were drinking a lot of smoothies. Smoothies make me want to binge. I think it might be because we have an urge to chew and that hasn't been satisfied. What is working for me is eating 6 times a day: 7:00, 9:30, 12:00, 2:30, 5:30 and 7:00. For these meals I eat the following: 1 pineapple or 1 cantaloupe or 1 personal watermelon or 1 carton strawberries or 3 huge cucumbers or 1 bowl cherries or 4 bananas or 10 campari tomatoes. With this summer variety, I never have to eat the same thing twice in one day unless I want to. I'm not bingeing because I know my next meal is at most 3 hours away. I just finished a pineapple for my 9:30 meal and am already thinking about what I will have at 12:00. That's what bingers do, isn't it?