Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Mom's Favorite Green Smoothie...Magically Mysterious Recipes...& A Reader Breathes Easier!!!


Hello Folks,

So, i've been adding avo to my mom's smoothies to fatten her up. You should hear her 'ooh' and 'ahhh' every morning. This is her favorite green smoothie:

In vitamix, add all organic ingredients:

  • 2 whole pitted dates, chopped up, in a little water...let sit in vitamix to soften up while you prepare and throw everything else in
  • flesh of 1/2 avo
  • handful strawberries... you can keep the green stems on if you want, just wash thoroughly
  • 1 banana
  • flesh of 1 mango
  • 3 giant handfuls of organic baby spinach
  • agave, if extra sweetness needed last minute
  • filtered water
  • icecubes

This will fill up entire vitamix, so there is plenty for the whole family or for later. The texture is silky and santiny. My mom loves this so much, she exclaimed this morning, "THIS IS LIKE A TREAT....INSTEAD OF A TREATMENT!" Is that cute, or what? Yes, i would dare say that a green smoothie is much preferable alternative to chemo treatments. Try this and let me know how you like it!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

THE MAGICALLY MYSTERIOUS RAW RECIPE E-BOOK
Here is a lovely note from Carol who purchased Meredith Frantz's new E-Recipe Book, which you can purchase by clicking right here: http://poppyseedtree.bigcartel.com/ Click over RIGHT NOW to purchase Meredith's e-cookbook for FANTASTIC RECIPES...ALL of them are SUREFIRE winners!!!

Dear Meredith - cc: Michelle

Today I purchased your E-Book. I made the Cucumber Dill Dressing late this afternoon and had some on my salad tonight. It is totally awesome. Michelle Schulman is right your food rocks. Tomorrow I will try the Zesty Red Pepper Cheese Dip.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Best regards,
Carol


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

RAW FOOD HELPS JAN TO BREATHE EASIER!
Here is part of a note that Jan sent me. Jan suffers from COPD. Let's cheer Jan on her journey into raw food and natural remedies!!! Bravo, Jan, you are a brave warrior...keep up the great work!!!! Sometimes simple changes are astoundingly powerful. I love you and we all send our healing vibes to you!!!

After talking to [the Naturopath] on Friday morning my breathing issues got worse. I decided to brew up some of two teas that John at 'Oh Happy Days' [her local healthfood store] had recommended for breathing issues as well as diligently taking the new supplements that I had started a couple of weeks ago, but had slacked off taking somewhat. Also, I decided to eat very simply and lightly which ultimately resulted in being completely raw the rest of the day. I called John in the late afternoon and asked him what else I could do/take and he said that I could take up to 300 mg. of CoEnzyme Q10 in a day, so I took another capsule at that time. Within an hour or two I felt marked relief from the terrible tightness in my chest! What a relief. And I drank lots and lots of water all day long. So, supplements, water, medicinal teas, and a raw diet made a huge difference in how I felt. And I actually had a good night, relatively, sleeping. And then this morning I still felt improved. When I looked in the mirror I couldn't believe it but my complexion just glowed and my eyes looked so clear. None of the blood shot redness that is often present. All these good things with such simple changes!!


xoxo michelle joy

No comments: