Monday, September 28, 2009

"YOM KIPPure" Raw Joy of Juicing...and Lower Fat and Low Salt Eating!

Hiya Folks,

I have a singing lesson this morning with a new teacher. Wish me luck!

I lost -1/4 lb today! I weighed in at 257. That's not as exciting as losing 3 lbs, but i took a LONG walk uphill yesterday and i'm probably building muscle...and me thinks that asking for more than like -9 lbs in 4 days might be pushing it. :-)))) I'm totally happy. Tha-rilled!!!

Actually, i did have some nama shoyu yesterday in my lunch burger, but it was very minimal.

Hey, Talia's burger was DELISH!!! Wanna make them??? Here's her recipe:

My favorite Burger Recipe - I think this is from The Daily Raw Cafe!
by Talia Palant

Jalapeno Burgers
> 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
> 1/2 onion, finely chopped
> 1 cup walnuts, soaked for 4 hours
> 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked until very soft, reserve 1/8 cup
> soaking water
> 1 tablespoon Nama Shoyu
> 1 teaspoon Hamburger seasoning (from Whole Foods)
> 1 teaspoon sea salt
> 1/2 teaspoon
> black pepper

In a food processor, combine walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes and soaking water until you achieve a meat consistency. Remove from processor.

In a mixing bowl, lightly mix together walnut meat, onions, jalapeno peppers, Nama Shoyu, salt and pepper. Shape into 6 patties. Serve.

Optional: Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 1 hour.

**The changes that I made - I did 1/2 sunflower seeds and 1/2 walnuts, I only put
hamburger seasonings (an organic brand I got at whole foods...actually I think
it's poultry seasoning...a bunch of savory herbs put together) and the nama
shoyu...I did not add additional salt or back pepper. I barely had any sundried
tomtatoes this past time so usually they taste even better!

I dehydrate for about 4 hours and then turn them over and dehydrate for another 2-4 hours.

Lots of love,
Talia

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hey, what i'm doing is working...i'd like to keep this up!
MY NEW MODEL DIET:
  • Breakfast: Juice all morning (zero calories - 100% nutrition) (make the juice, 4-6 cups and take it with you. By the time you are finished, it's lunch time.)
  • Lunch: AT HOME: Whatever appeals to me that is relatively low in fat and salt and high in veggies. May include nuts, avo, seeds. Ex. I made up a special salt free pistachio dressing with no oil that i've been eating from in moderation, which is yummy. I've been spreading out perhaps 1/4 cup on huge salads, yum!!! 1/4 cup of pistachios have less than 200 cals. This pistachio "cream" is 1/2 water, so it's even LESS calories. No wonder why i am hungry later! I've been using no oil, too. I use nutritional yeast for saltiness. only 5mg of salt per 2 tbsp compared to one tsp of nama shoyu which has over 900mg of sodium.
  • Lunch: OUT TO LUNCH: OPTIONAL 1 meal raw gourmet and one dessert and drink AS TREAT
  • Exercise: Walk in neighborhood
  • Dinner: no salt, no fat fruit, veggies, greens (green smoothie, fruit smoothie, applesauce, cut up veggies, etc...)
  • Snacks: no sBoldalt, no fat fruit, veggies, greens

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I think i must be rid of all of the pounds of living bread that was in my gut. That's exciting. So, i only really gained a few REAL lbs. I am so so so so SO happy to be in the 250's again. I'm so happy, i'm so happy, i'm SO happy!!!!!!

I'm also totally in a detox. Wow. I really feel it. Flu-ish feeling. I just wanna sleep. I couldn't sleep in this morning, but i can later if i want to.

I'm also feeling allergy symptoms. I've noticed a lot of sneezing and my voice is a little hoarse, which is now NOT the reflux. Mold spores are very high again. I'm also a little stuffed up. I hope someday to not be reactive to allergies anymore. Aren't we supposed to stop being allergic by being raw?????? It's been almost 3 years raw for me!

Overall yesterday, i had another wonderful juicing morning followed by ideal lower fat low salt eating. I'm so very very pleased. If i could eat like this for the next weeks....man, i just KNOW i will stop binge eating...and continue to lose. How could i NOT? That little bit of 'freedom' at lunch means i can eat out a meal somewhere...just try to keep the fat and salt low, or do the best i can, and get back on lower fat/salt at home.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Here's what i ate / did / thought yesterday:
Food / Activity for Monday, September 28, 2009
Breakfast: From 10:30a.m. until 1:30p.m. enjoyed 6 cups of fresh homemade juice: carrot, apple, ginger, 2 heads celery, red pepper. I'm using up what i have leftover from the Beckwith catering!

Lunch: A pure raw joy lunch!!! - much much lower in fat and salt than typical binge food, but tons of flavor! A small spicy walnut burger that Talia made, mmmm...thank you, Talia!!! And a HUGE CURRY SALAD, wow!
_ _ _ _CURRY SALAD_ _ _ _
1/2 bag of salad mix greens in bowl and 2 cups of coleslaw veggies over greens (savoy cabbage, red onion and carrot chopped with S blade of cuisinart)

As dressing: 4 heaping Tbsp of curry pistachio cream (pistachios, ginger, garlic, saltless chili powder, 2 curry powders), juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 Tbsp raw vinegar, 1 tsp agave, 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast.

Mix all up and devour. Looks like Tuna salad on a bed of greens!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Man, oh, manoschewitz. It's Yom Kippur and I broke the fast, but it was worth it. Lunch was not only an immensely filling meal, but included an item that was 'delayed gratification.' Talia saved a raw burger for me from the potluck and i've been wanting to eat it, but am aiming to eat one lowfat nut meal a day...so i waited...and it was so good!!! I'll give you all the recipe she gave me tomorrow.

The salad was also immensely satisfying to the taste buds, but lower fat and salt as well, so so so exciting!!! I'm not only losing weight, but eating like this will eliminate binge eating, i am SURE of it. It is safe enough to be considered 'diet' (no salt, no olive oil), yet decadent enough to be considered a treat (fabulous mouth feel, texture, great flavor).

ACTIVITY: 1 hour walk uphill to go pick up my car that died yesterday!

SNACK: big shake of 6 small bananas, 3 peaches, vanilla, agave and water.

YUM! Was HUNGRY. Hard to believe it, but i was.

How many calories do pistachios have in them??? 1 cup over 700 calories, 1/2 cup over 350 cals and 1/4 cup a little over 175 cals. So even if my salad at lunch was ENORMOUS, the calories it rec'd from the pistachios were not even over 200. No wonder why i'm hungry again! You see, when i douse a salad with OIL...it's a different story.

THAT was a pure raw joy salad....so i get to be satiated and satisfied, and get to be hungry again soon, wow!

Tonight i meet with family and friends to break the fast, and will bring some fruit or crudite. I plan on dinner and subsequent snacks to be light, meaning salt free, greens or fruit.

This feels like the ANSWER!!!

You know what, i'm not even going to bother with what fat percentage i'm eating, ala doug graham. what does it really matter....as long as this way of eating keeps me from binge eating????? If i'm a little higher fat, isn't it BETTER to feel satisfied and keep it up over LONG TERM??? rather than swinging wildly back and forth between almost no fat and insane amounts of fat????

DINNER: veggie crudite with no dip and lots of fruit at Yom Kippur Break the Fast Dinner. It's nice to just enjoy the company!!! I LOVE not feeling obsessed by food!!!

SNACK: 2 mashed bananas with agave, hungry.

xoxox michelle joy

No comments: