Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Great Quote

Cliff and I watched this movie last night, "Vantage Point," where every character in the film has a different viewpoint, a different opinion about what happened.

After the movie was over, we watched the special feature film, and i was moved to write down what one of the actors commented about reality.

He said, "There really is NO reality. What you see, what really is, is what you make it. And how you interpret what is happening."

I thought that was brilliant and apropos to what i'm going through. If you ask 50 people how to screw in a lightbulb, you'll get 50 different answers. Ask 50 people or books or doctors how to cure binge eating or how to cure cancer and you'll get 50 different answers.

Sometimes ya just gotta trust yourself. And interpret for yourself what you need to do. And go back and just do what worked.

Lots of talk about EFT. Got a GREAT email from Glenda who is doing terrifically implementing a new EFT program. So excited for her! There's no reason i can't try that out.

Okay, off for a walk.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wow, great comment i just got, do read below! Follow your inner guide...and FORGET what all the experts say!!!!

I just got back from an hour walk and ya know what? I sang the whole time, occupied my mind and was just what i needed. Didn't even think of food ONCE. Met up with Cliff for a tea. Feel supported and loved, but ya know what's the MOST powerful? ME and MY DECISION. "I'm back, baby!" is what i feel like shouting. And ya know why i'm back? Because i say so.

xoxo mich

1 comment:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

"If you ask 50 people how to screw in a lightbulb, you'll get 50 different answers. Ask 50 people or books or doctors how to cure binge eating or how to cure cancer and you'll get 50 different answers. Sometimes ya just gotta trust yourself. And interpret for yourself what you need to do. And go back and just do what worked."

Ask 50 people, get 50 different opinions. Scary!

But what's even scarier is when you ask 50 people and they all give the same answer. And then that answer turns out to be wrong for you.

That really leaves you all alone, with doctors calling you non-compliant, and even well-meaning family and friends scolding you severely.

That happens a lot with me. My body just does not like the usual mainstream medicines, and I go with my body, even if everybody else disapproves.

So far, that means that I take no medications, absolutely none at all.

And my body is gradually recovering from all the prescription drugs and chemicals that the doctors almost killed me with.

And my disapproving friends? They just keep getting on more and more drugs, with more and more side-effects.