Monday, January 25, 2010

Ready To Make A New Start

PLEASE SUPPORT ME AS I BEGIN A NEW PHASE IIN MY RAW JOURNEY WITH THE SUPPORT OF CARLENE JONES, RAW FOOD COUNSELOR, WHO LOST 140 LBS HERSELF EATING LOW-FAT RAW, AND COUNSELS OTHERS TO LOSE WEIGHT AND CONTROL THEIR EATING USING A LOW FAT RAW FOOD DIET SIMILAR TO 80-10-10. SHE HAS WRITTEN SEVERAL E-BOOKS, SUCH AS "FAT BRAIN LIES".

Letter to Carlene Jones of www.carlenejones.com and www.rawfoodbootcamp.com

Hi Carlene,

I missed the deadline for the "Finding Your Perfect Diet group", but I really need to begin support with you. Things are bad and not getting better.

I've read through the private counseling, as well as the group counseling options on your website http://www.carlenejones.com/. It seems like the 4 week private program would work the best for me since all of the deadlines are passed or not beginning until february. I'm pretty desperate to get back on track asap, as every day i screw around, i get fatter and fatter.

The 4-week program is $249, but I can supply a photo for the 50$ discount. Here is my visa number: xxxxx-xxx-xxxxx

May we start right away??? I understand that there is a manditory fact-finding time before starting the weight loss portion, but just knowing that i am now accountable to someone will help me to get back on track.

Just a little about what i hope to accomplish:

- There is no reason i cannot walk an hour a day.

- As for my diet, i look forward to working on that with you, but just for FYI, I would like to be all raw or mostly raw, perhaps cooked veggies and beans or something.

- The most important thing is that i am on a plan I can live with, and that i get back to low-fat and stop this out of control eating of cooked vegetarian.

- I am a serious chronic binge eater. I did NOT binge eat AT ALL when i did rawfoodbootcamp.com-style of raw eating (low fat no salt). In my circles, we refer to this as 80-10-10, or Doug Graham style raw eating. It was only when i went OFF of the program that i could not control myself. However, the strictness of that program left me wanting some kind of treats. Maybe we can figure that all out and that may help to alleviate the binge eating.

It's been 3 years on raw, and i only recently went off (since september, but progressively worse and worse lately). Just a quick history: My high weight was 425. I lost 140 lbs at O.H.I. in San Diego after a 8 month stay, and began work as a Raw Chef. I maintained my weight loss for a year. Then I lost 35 additional pounds by giving up salt and all of the gourmet raw goodies i was binge eating on. I ate a low fat raw diet similar to your rawfoodbootcamp.com and lost 40+ lbs to a low of 249.

I was never able to stay on this very strict way of eating for very very long and would binge eat on gourmet raw and regain the weight i lost over and over again. However, i still felt i had a modicum of control and felt confident i could lose the weight whenever i wanted, and did. So there was alot of up and down of 20/30 lbs.

But since I started eating cooked vegetarian food in September, things slowly went haywire and spiraled out of control. Now it is late January and I'm back to full force binge eating as badly as i ever was before going raw. (With the exception that i have not started to eat meat). I've gained 50 lbs in a very short amount of time. I am sure when i weigh myself tomorrow morning, i will be in the high 290's.

To demonstrate my binge eating: for instance, today i ate:
*2 rolls with 1/2 stick butter

*1 green smoothie

*3 Tbsp E3Live

*2 orders of hashbrowns from dunkin donuts

*1 eggwhite flat bread sandwhich from dunkin donuts

*1 "big breakfast" with hotcakes, 2 hashbrowns, 1 biscuit, eggs, 4 pats butter, maple syrup - from mcdonalds. No sausage.

*3 bottled juices

*1 veggie burger wrap

*1 order fried onion rings

*2 sodas


I have gained 50 lbs like this binge eating on cooked vegetarian food.

Exercise HAD been steady and very enjoyable several times a week this summer when my weight was at it's lowest. I walk occassionally now, but feel weighted down from this huge weight gain and feel very heavy, very very discouraged, mentally. I know i am capable, i'm just discouraged and depressed and have felt very very helpless.

As i know you now work on "finding your right diet", I'm actually open to cooked veggies, beans, but only in a controlled program where i have to be accountable and count my calories on fitday - that is, if you feel it might be appropriate and helpful to me to include some cooked. Basically, i am open to do whatever i can do to get back on track with weight loss, and if eating some cooked things could help me lose weight but feel more satisfaction and ability to stay ON the plan (f.e. cooked homemade fatfree salt free veggie soups can be very filling and satifying), I am open to it.

I know i can do this. I just need some serious support. I honestly do not know where else to turn. Will you please help me? I know you are dedicated to helping people like me and know I can get to where i want to go with your support.

I owe it to myself to get back on track. Binge eating on cooked vegetarian has been "fun" after all of this time of not eating it, but the resulting weight gain has been very hard to cope with. Plus, the worst part is that it has reawakened cravings that were gone for so long. I know that a person gets used to the foods they eat as i did when i was 100%raw. i loved my food and NEVER thought of cooked food.

Gaining weight has been embarrassing as i work as a raw chef. My one consolation is that i am nowhere near where i used to be. I am still down at least 130 lbs.

My first goal is to lose these 50 lbs again, but i know that will take some time, but i'm hoping to just get right back on track, take the action to just get on track and leave the weight to deal with itsself. Daily exercise. Daily Fitday.com. Lowfat raw or mostly diet. Support.

Please say you'll help me reach my goals.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Sincerely,
Michelle Schulman
LaSoprana@aol.com

WELL, OKAY, IT'S TIME TO JUMP FOR JOY AGAIN THAT I WILL BE BACK ON TRACK! I AM SO RELIEVED! SOMETIMES WE JUST NEED TO BITE THE BULLET AND GO OUT AND GET THE HELP THAT WE NEED. I HOPE YOU'LL SUPPORT ME IN MY NEW PROGRAM!

xoxo michelle joy

No comments: