Monday, December 12, 2011

DON'T EVER GIVE UP!

I've been bartering with my singing teacher, Badiene. And while filing some music for her, I ran across a song called, DON'T EVER GIVE UP. It seemed like a lightening bolt went through me when i saw the title and I quickly read the goosebump inducing lyrics. The song felt like a divinely inspired message...to me. I promised myself to write down the lyrics, they were so meaningful, and I'm blessed to share them with you.

"Don't Ever Give Up" is a song written for school children to perform. It just so happens there is a short clip of 1/2 of the song on a Kindergarten website, which i've attached at the bottom of the lyrics.

This song brings tears to my eyes and reminds me that life...is choice. Diet...is choice. Each meal or binge...is choice. Raw? Cooked? It's all in my choice. As is my attitude. It's all my choice!

I hope this message of choice and to never give up will be inspiring and uplifting to you, too!!




DON'T EVER GIVE UP by Teresa Jennings

All of your life
You will have many choices
How you will be
And what you will do
That's just the point,
It's your life, it's your choice
Trust in yourself
And your faith will show through.

Don't ever give up.
Don't ever lose the dreams
that you dream everyday.

Sometimes it's tough
And you have many problems.
How you will cope
Is all up to you.
Look deep inside.
It's your life.
It's your choice.

You can believe
And your light
Will shine through.

Don't ever lose heart.
Know who you are.
Live your own life
Your way, your way.

Don't ever give up!

http://www.musick8.com/html/current_tune.php?numbering=33&songorder=1

_ _ _ _



I also started to get daily emails from the Abraham-Hicks website, recommended to me by a friend (who happens to be named JOY, I mean, is that awesome???). Below is one of their daily email messages that shares a similar concept - that our behaviors are very much in our control, even if we don't think they are, they are. In other words, wellness/sickness - it's our choice. If we change our mindset, our attitude, our thoughts, our mood, we can very much change our behaviors.

Wellness that is being allowed—or the wellness that is being denied—is all about the mindset, the mood, the attitude, the practiced thoughts. There is not one exception, in any human or beast; because, you can patch them up again and again, and they will just find another way of reverting back to the natural rhythm of their mind. Treating the body really is about treating the mind. It is all psychosomatic. Every bit of it, no exceptions.
--- Abraham


http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php

xoxo michelle joy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sang this for 5th grade graduation as a kid. Love this song!

MICHELLE at FREEDOM FROM BINGING said...

So neat you sang this song as a child and so great of you to comment on this song. This is an old post and i'd long forgotten about it. It seems inspired you would re-direct me back here...just as I was searching for some words of inspiration for a relative, struggling. I'll copy this down and hopefully it will be a comfort to them. THANK YOU!!! Michelle

Unknown said...

I sang this song for super singers in 5th grade on the cerebral palsy telethon with that George graphos weather guy lol it was really fun, and funny! Clintonville, rexford Longfellow elementary school...

Unknown said...

I sang this song for a performance at the cerebral palsy telethon with that George graphos weather guy... 5th grade super singers Clintonville rexford Longfellow elementary school...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.