Wednesday, December 14, 2011

BOUNCE BACK, BABY!



I get these awesome daily emails from Joel Osteen Ministries at http://www.joelosteen.com/. Yes, I'm Jewish. But I embrace these Christian messages like they are water to the thirsty.

Quite simply put, I just cannot get enough of Joel Osteen. He is infinitely adorable, wise and positive, funny, profound, touching. He is the epitome of the positive preacher. He is the antithesis of the fire-and-brimstone preacher. He fills you with the JOY and wonder of God and you can't help but smile the entire time he preaches.

I watch Joel on the local Christian channel. I have his books, his daily devotionals, and he ministers to me daily in these daily email messages. Today's message, which I've shared with you below, was particularly timely and meaningful for me. I've been losing the battle with food and weight. Ah, well. Sometimes before you make a big change, you allow things to get much worse.

When things stay worse, day after day, I can get really, really discouraged, and I get to feeling like i just want to give up.

But I'm not giving up. i'll wake up tomorrow, it'll be a new day. I'll go to work at Arnold's Way, despite having eaten a hamburger and chicken and chocolate milk and Dunkin' Donut's muffins today. (I did however have an awesome singing lesson and I walked my butt off in NYC, so the day was not a total loss).

I have an opportunity of a new day tomorrow. I have the opportunity of a new perspective...right NOW! I can choose health! I'm doing a positive blog. And I can walk in the morning. Even if just for 5 minutes. I can drink more water, tonight and tomorrow. I can eat healthy light raw foods all day tomorrow. I can make a new start, just like that. Just like that. Just like that. Just like that. With every second that ticks by, there's a new opportunity to choose differently, to choose better.

I think Joel and Victoria's message below is a message we can never hear too often. This was a real blessing for me, and I share it with you in the hopes that it is a blessing for you!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again...”
(Proverbs 24:16, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
Life is full of things that try to push us down. We all face disappointments and setbacks. Maybe you received some bad news about your health or perhaps a relationship didn’t work out. That was a setback. It’s easy to get discouraged or lose your enthusiasm or even be tempted to just settle where you are. But if we’re going to see God’s best, we have to have a “bounce back” mentality. That means when you get knocked down, you don’t stay down. You get back up again. You have to know that every time adversity comes against you, it’s a setup for a comeback!

Remember, as a believer in Jesus, the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you. There is no challenge too difficult, no obstacle too high, no sickness, no disappointment, no person, nothing that can keep you from your God-given destiny. If you stay in faith, then God will turn what was meant to be a stumbling block into a stepping stone, and you’ll move forward in strength, full of faith and victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for setting me up for success in everything I do. I choose to trust and rely on You knowing that Your plans are for my good. I know my best days are ahead of me and look ahead to the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Here is Joel Osteen giving a similar and very inspirational message from the pulpit. If this doesn't inpire you, i don't know what will! Man, God is so good and Joel Osteen is a blessed messenger. Be like a palm tree...and get right back up again....!! Let's all be bounceback people!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gTGsYNUfdgs#!



xoxox michelle joy

No comments: