Hello there, friends!
Cliff and I just enjoyed our first meal together at home since my return from the BETTER LIVING LIFESTYLE CENTER.
It seemed like the perfect proportion of raw and cooked, and I saw myself doing things I learned at the Center, like going very light on the oil and salt, using avocado rather than oil, and using lemon juice as preferential to even raw vinegar, making several simple dishes to choose from buffet style, actually chewing my food during the meal, and praying with Cliff before eating. It was SO nice.
Together, we made: (Details included)
- RAW MARINATED MUSHROOMS - 1 lb raw mushrooms sliced, dressed in a little braggs liquid aminos, a little olive oil & agave, mushroom powder, garlic & onion powder, a little raw vinegar. Let sit for 20 mins and they get juicer.
- RAW ZUCCHINI SPAGHETTI - spiralized raw green and yellow squash.
- RAW SPAGHETTI SAUCE - 5 roma tomato food processored with s blade along with 1 small red pepper, 1 avocado, 1 small carrot, 3 cloves garlic, 2 rings white onion, 1 loose cup basil, 1/2 cup loose cilantro, himalayan salt, 1 date, squirt lemon juice - until smooth. Funky colored, but tasted delish!! Try it! TIP: Serve and store the sauce separately from the zucchini. If you put the sauce on top of the spaghetti, and don't eat it all, the leftovers get too watery, but hold just fine, separately.
- RAW CUCUMBER SALAD - 1 fresh cucumber sliced thin, sprinkled with onion and garlic powder, himalayan salt, agave, lemon juice, 2 tbsp Veganaise. Let this sit for 20 mins and you get a nice dressing as the cucumber water leeches out of the cukes and makes the salad very moist. Totally yummers.
- FRESH GREEN SALAD - So simple - a large green salad of Romaine & Arugula lightly dressed in 1 tsp maple syrup, 1/2 lemons juice, a few teaspoons olive oil, a few squirts braggs liquid aminos. The Dr. taught me this simple but delicious dressing. Cliff said, "Mmm!"
- BABY FINGERLING GOURMET POTATOES - simply boiled in water spiked with fresh thyme and a little olive oil and himalayan salt. We had about 1/3 cup of potatoes, each.
We decided if we're hungry tonight, we'll have a smoothie. It's just SO GREAT to have a partner!
David Wolfe says 90% raw is the minimum amount of raw food we should eat. This dinner seemed like a perfect example of that percentage. And Dr. Arcilla said my blood obviously shows that I still need so much more enzymes and minerals. "Do I have to take supplements for that?," I asked. "No," he answered, "You'll get it from raw."
We'd bypassed breakfast this morning, so busy food shopping and running errands, and you know what? With what seems like a "new belly," it was actually surprisingly easy. We didn't eat until 2:30p.m. and I was fine. When I get hungry now, now that I have a much cleaner colon and digestive system, hunger registers as just this mild but not unpleasant feeling that doesn't insanely compel me to address it immediately. I can wait now to eat, hours, if need be. Pretty cool.
I also examined my tongue in the mirror yesterday, sticking it out, "Say ah!," and was surprised to find it pink and clean looking and not coated with white as it had been - evidence of a cleaner colon.
You want to know how to stop binge eating? Get a cleaner colon!!! I am telling you, this is one of the GREAT HUGE secrets I have discovered because I couldn't stop eating before...and now have zero compulsive desire.
Do cooked potatoes compel me to eat out of control today? No. They are sitting on the table as we speak, not calling my name. A clean colon and good eating habits and we actually digest food and don't create toxins and depletions which, I hypothesize, register for us foodies as 'food cravings.'
Truly, a clean colon is proving to be the ticket to physical, mental and spiritual health and well being! I am just more spiritually attuned eating cleaner and being cleaner inside. I'm more focused, more level headed. I am just witnessing all of this happen to myself and I'm so blessed by it. And the more spiritual we are, the less carnal we are, too. Connected to God, we don't act like animals with food.
What are my other new tips to stop binge eating? Leave at least 4-5 hours between meals. This is so important I learned for good digestion, and I have found it to be so true. I wake up with a clear voice today. No more reflux. Plus, not stirring up digestive juices constantly with food on the hour makes eating normally so much easier. I think alot of the time we think we are hungry, but our belly's are just making digesting noises. So, actually eating LESS frequently helps us to not crave food insanely and constantly.
And of course, eating raw helps so much with stopping binge eating. More nutrition, more minerals, more enzymes? Less cravings for food.
We MUST chew our food 30-50x/bite. too. If we're putting food down the chute in un-chewed pieces, the stomach does not have teeth in it, and the body will not ABSORB the nutrition from it that it could, and we will be left feeling starving. Another binge-proof tip that has seemingly nothing to do with binge eating, but really has everything to do with it.
Cliff observed, "My God, you used to chew ONCE, and swallow. You're actually chewing now! And you're not compulsive!" He's so happy with my new behavior. And my trimmer waistline.
I can't say that prepping lunch was QUICK. It wasn't. But thank God, I have patience with food now, where I had none before. Again, that's from a cleaner colon, no frantic low blood sugar feeling, no shaking hands, no compulsive monster driving me. Cool, calm and collected, not having eaten all day. Yes, it does take time to make fresh good wholesome mostly raw food. But it's worth it!
I feel great, feel totally un-compulsive, satisfied, nourished, loved, and blessed. What more could I ask for?
xoxox michelle joy