Just got some pics back from Dr. Arcilla's wife, Carmen, of our Farewell Meal at the Better Living Lifestyle Center (www.drarcilla.com). After 21 days there, we were ready for a special treat! What a delicious meal!
|Carmen Arcilla's Phillipino Vegan Spring Rolls with Peanuts and Garlic Sauce! Mmmmm, these wraps were so delicious and just filled with so many veggies and crisp romaine!!!|
|For dessert, I made Raw Pear/Apple Crumble...so delish!|
Raw Pear / Apple Crumble RECIPE
- I shredded about 4 large Asian Pears in the Food processor with the shredder blade. Asian pears are crisp. I transferred the shredded pears to a large work bowl. (As the pears sit, they get watery, but it's okay, the apples will fix that).
- I processed 2 Honeycrisp apples with the s blade until as fine as apple sauce.
- I added the apple "sauce" to the pears, along with 1/2 tsp. vanilla, a pinch of Himalayan salt, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 Tbsp of cinnamon, about 1/4 tsp of chopped fresh ginger, about 1/2 cup of agave (more or less to taste). Apples have pectin and help to jell processed raw fruits.
- I mixed the apple/pear mixture up thoroughly and added about 1/2 cup each yellow and black raisins that I had soaked.
- I transferred the mix to a rectangular Pyrex dish and flattened the mixture into the bottom of the dish to leave room on top for the crumble.
- For the crumble, I processed with the s blade about 2 cups of walnuts, 1 cup of shredded coconut, 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt, 1 tsp maca powder, and 1/2 cup of soaked yellow raisins until the mixture pulled away from the sides of the processor. I tasted and it was slightly salty which would be the perfect compliment to the nice and sweet apple/pear mixture.
- I piled the crumble on top of the apple/pear mixture and it didn't look like it would all fit, but it did. It looked so yummy...like a Crumble!!!
- I decorated with cinnamon, raisins and coconut shreds!!!
It was much prettier in person. Everyone enjoyed!
Try this delicious comforting homey-feeling raw dessert that is positively teaming with raw enzymes, nutrition, and minerals! It would be nice for the holidays! Leave out to room temp. You'll feel comforted, your mouth will feel happy, and your tummy and intestines will say, "Mmmm, Thank you!"
xoxo michelle joy