Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mas Agua, Por Favor!

Mornin', ya'll!

Here's a pic of me and my Honey when i was about 375 lbs. At my heaviest I was over 50lbs heavier than when this was taken.

Who's that little person on the left? That's my Cliffy! He's actually not that little, he just looks little next to ME!

Well, i have good news to report so it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, la la la la!!! I weighed in this morning at 271 1/4 lbs. That is a loss of almost 6 lbs in one day from 277 lbs. Yahhoo!

Now, that ain't FAT, folks, that's a lotta AGUA! My ankles are still swollen, which means there is more agua stuck in me. No kidding, i will be down 10 lbs within 3 days. My distended stomach is flatter, too. Exciting!! Just from a 'simple raw' day. I didn't even juice!

Oh, here's the recipe for the simple no-fat tomato sauce i made last night served over zucchini spaghetti.

SPICY ETHNIC TOMATO SAUCE

In a vitamix:

  • 6 roma tomatos cut up
  • 1/2 tsp of fresh ginger
  • 1 inch of a long hot green pepper
  • generous squeeze of lemon or lime
  • 4 or 5 shakes of cumin
  • If you have a fresh red pepper, throw some of that in, too.
  • set aside: handful cilantro

Blend all ingredients except for cilantro for 20 seconds until as smooth as desired. Then add the handful of cilantro to vitamix and process for 5 seconds to spread out little flecks of green in sauce. Pour over zucchini spaghetti!

Without salt and fat, i won't lie, it wasn't DELICIOUS, but it wasn't BAD at all. It was spicy and i actually kinda enjoyed it, and if it makes my ankles deflate, I LOVE IT!!!!

God, i SWEAR i will never do this to myself again, let myself get this out of control, gain over 20 lbs and then have to reign it in again. I want to make steady, slow progress AFTER my two weeks of REBALANCING and CLEANSING are up (or however long it takes to get back to 254). Saying 'two weeks' makes it more managable mentally for me.

Went for a 1 hour walk...whew, that was a hard walk! And met my Honey on Main street at Starbucks! Cliff took his bike ride down to the art museum and back for the 5th day in a row (Way to go, Cliff!), and i took my 1 hour walk from home allll the way down to the CVS and back (after meeting with him for a cuppa iced herbal tea...) Refreshing...and romantic! xoxoxo

  • WATER: 1 Qt. filtered water
  • EXERCISE: 1 hour walk
  • WATER: 1 Qt. filtered water, 1 large iced herbal tea
  • BREAKFAST: 1/3 organic watermelon
  • SNACK: vanilla/cacao smoothie - In Vitamix: 4 bananas, organic vanilla, 1/2 tsp. cacao, lots of filtered water, icecubes
  • LUNCH: 'Blood Spaghetti Salad' - In a bowl - beet spiralized, chopped purple onion, chopped parsley, chopped long green pepper. Dressing: in vitamix, blenderize sauce of: 3 roma tomato, 1 stalk celery, 1 clove garlic, squeeze lemon juice, few splashes raw cider vinegar, cayenne
  • DINNER: 2/3 of a large organic watermelon
  • SNACK: 'strawberry soup' - In vitamix: Blenderize 1 container strawberries, 1 banana, few dropperfulls vanilla, glurg agave, ice cubes. yum!

I was so THIRSTY all morning...and i did the most logical and healing thing i could do....DRINK!!! I must admit, i OFTEN neglect my needs for water. I must be really super dehydrated with all of that salt in me. The 'Blood spaghetti' salad would have been KILLER with salt and oil, maybe some cashew cream, mmm, but as it was, really NOT BAD at all! It might have been nice with dillweed instead of parsley, a very nice compliment to beetroot. Fat and salt free, but FLAVORFUL. And it looked GORGEOUS! Man oh man! After eating a whole watermelon today, man am i wee-weeing! This is GOOD!

You know what? I am also PMS-ing. I'm getting my period and i'm retaining more water than usual because of that, too. It may have also contributed to my insane craving for salt the last two weeks. Emotionally, I want to figure the whole thing out, really WHAT HAPPENED...what propelled me to go off on such a bender? I'll do that in upcoming blog entries. How will i avoid it happening again if i don't analyze/understand it?

Wow. I just realized. I feel really HAPPY. I've decided, just now, that I am going to reclaim my birthrite, my birth name, and begin to call myself MICHELLE JOY. I've always wanted to. It IS my name. I always thought i'd wait until i was thin. Forget about waiting. I deserve it. I feel it. I own it. I WANT it!! Pure Raw MICHELLE JOY!

Check back later!

xoxo Michelle JOY
LaSoprana@aol.com

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Hello! Olives are my kryptonite as well! How can something so small be so powerful!