Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Manifesting My Hearts Desire...By Giving Up the Mouth Parties!

Beginning Raw Vegan Weight: 425

Beginning Blog Weight: 277

Yesterday's Weight: 265 1/4

Today's Weight
: 262 3/4

Loss Since Yesterday: - 2.5 lbs


Total Blog Loss: 14 1/4 lbs in 4 days! That's freaky remarkable!

Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow! I need to catch my breath!

Okay, i thought it might take 2 weeks to undo the damage i did in two weeks, but maybe it'll only take one. Holy Moly!

Honestly, I was really scared to get on the scale after i had my three little almost fatty add-ins, but they didn't seem to do much damage. Can i live without them today? Arrrrgh. We'll see.

Losing so much weight so fast has shocking implications. If i can lose 15 lbs in 4 days, then really, very soon, it's a possibility, that if i stick to this fat free/salt free plan, i could actually BREAK 250 (for sure), and even BREAK 225 by July (quite possibly), and even BREAK 200 (oh my god) by the END OF THE SUMMER. I'm a little in shock right now, and need a minute to recover...i feel like i'm going to faint. i'm not used to actually MANIFESTING my desires....so QUICKLY!!!

This means that my little ascetic NUN'S diet of just fruits/veggies, no oil, no nuts, no salt can actually MANIFEST my desire to weigh 200....and do it by the END OF THE SUMMER?

Hold on a second. If i could weigh 200 by the end of the summer, then, hypothetically, what is stopping me from weighing, say, 150 lbs, a very reasonable goal weight for me, in 6-8 months. (I would wear about a size 10/12.)


Holy Cannolli! I could publish my book. Be on Larry King. Be on Oprah. Win America's Got Talent. Sing in the opera. Have a nice house. Be debt-free. Have a maid. WOW! Wow....wow.....


But could i actually LIVE without my fat and salt? What about all of the happy mouth parties i could be having at the raw restaurants? (What about all of the weight i could unwittingly be gaining by giving into Awesome Foods binges http://www.awesomefoods.com/!) The pleasure, the toe tingling orgasmic sensuality of a lusty pesto pizza...filling me with deep dark oodles of "ahhhhh!" ...The fun of the constant crunch, crunch, crunch on raw bread! The thick, rich savory nutspread filling my mouth with delight, the slippery sensuality of a well-dressed and balanced salad....!!! Could i LIVE without that..like...for a LONG time? Like 6-8 MONTHS???? And if i actually DID...I could be THIN????!!!! Thin and attaining my hearts desires...writing book after book, helping others, traveling and talking, being 'hire-able' by Opera Companies to sing with my new attractive public image...!

Okay. Time to weigh it all out.
Which makes more sense...?
  • A constant mouth party with the accompanying constant weight struggle? Or what i've been doing and constant weight loss.
  • Weight struggle? Weight loss? Which would YOU choose? Knowing myself, do i really really think i can learn to CONTROL fatty salty things....or aren't i just kidding myself?
  • If i stayed on 80-10-10 as i've been following it - I'd be giving up a life of self-indulgence, for a little self-denial, a little restraint...but gaining all of the good things that could come from that.
  • If i lost control again with fat and salt, I'll be drowning my sorrows/my joys/my stresses in sensual pleasure, but experiencing the inevitable (misery of) weight gain...
  • Fat-free salads, luscious smoothies, a natural hippie-like 'simple' pleasure...plus daily weight loss....and the chance to be one day SOON actually THIN? Isn't pushing myself a bit to exercise daily worth it? Don't I feel strong and enjoy the pleasures of the outdoors? Enjoy the pleasures of exercising with Cliff? Hasn't that been so lovely?
  • Or do i love being a weak gluttonous blob who is lead around by her tastebuds?

    ~ ~ ~ ~ This really shouldn't be a difficult decision!
    ~ ~ ~ ~
When i started this blog it was to LEARN HOW TO INCORPORATE gourmet raw foods into my diet....but with these spectacular results, and really coming to terms with 'knowing' myself, i'm suspecting that THAT WOULD BE THE WORST THING i could do for me and my weight problem, binging problem.

Uy yuy yuy yuy yuy. THIS is a lot to digest.

Have i binged ONCE since i started this? Have I even been tempted to? Have i EVER binged on 80-10-10?? Have i ever even LOST control on 80-10-10??? Haven't i always lost weight on 80-10-10? (I'm losing even MORE now since i gave up the fat).

First i gave up cooked food...and now i have to give up raw fat COMPLETELY and salt like...for a LONG TIME? Much longer than the 2 weeks i initially planned on?

(It's a possibility i might be able to handle more after all of my weight is gone.)

Wow....Listen to me, would ya? I never thought i'd hear myself talking about 'all of my weight being gone!'

My good friend, Tim Arnold, before he lost all of his weight, constantly stated, "I want to be svelte! I want to be svelte!" I was like, "God, i wish i had your drive!" But i was eating the good stuff and didn't yet have a TASTE of success. Now i've tasted success...and to tell you the truth, it tastes better than AVOCADO. You see, Tim was programming himself for success. And what did he get? MASSIVE SUCCESS! - 140lbs. The
guy runs marathons now. MARATHONS. And he's like in his 50's. He has lost ALL of his excess body weight. He is certifiably 'svelte'!! I never thought i would be saying, 'i want to be thin.'

But i never really REALIZED i really COULD be....in not a very long time!!!!

It seems THIS dietplan has afforded me an amazing opportunity not only OUT of binge eating....(how can you binge on fruit?), but the amazing opportunity OUT of a fat life, completely.

These results are more impressive even than on 'Biggest Loser'!!!

Nevertheless, back down to earth, pictured above is a flyer for the Lansdale Live Food and Music Festival, which took place just a few weeks ago in Lansdale, PA, sponsered by Arnolds Way Raw Vegetarian Cafe' and Education Center. http://www.arnoldsway.com/ It was a great success! Nearly 400 people attended! I spoke at the event and sang a few songs, to the best of my ability. (I was sick at the time with a sinus infection.)

After the Lansdale Festival, things went totally haywire with my weight. That's when I gained the pre-blog weight. I'll be talking more about that in upcoming posts.

Anyway, I must contemplate the weight of the matter at hand. If i could DO this....IF i could...that could be...INCREDIBLE.

I had a busy day today. I did my one hour walk, and headed to Doylestown for a in-house raw cooking job. (I go to people's homes to make them raw food for the week.) Today's client wanted low-fat. I made 2 low-fat dressings (Isreali and Italian), 3 soups (Spring Medley, Gaspacho with Cucumber, and Mumbai Spicy Gaspacho), 2 pate's (low-fat veggie toona and almond basil pate'), 2 entrees (spinach mixed veggie wraps in nori and 'sally's red salad'). I hope she enjoys everything!

Later, i'll be sending out the Arnolds Way weekly email update, which is a job that i do for Arnold from home weekly. The email updates customers about all of the events going on weekly at Arnolds Way and lists raw community events, potlucks, etc... going on around Philadelphia, PA. If anyone would like to get on the list to receive that weekly email, please email me at LaSoprana@aol.com. If you have any events you would like to add to the email, please email me as well. If you're in the Philly area and would like raw cooking classes or to have me prepare meals for you at home, email me as well.

I got my period. Walking today, my fingers were so swollen. You mean, i'm STILL retaining WATER???

BREAKFAST: 'Peachy Green Smoothie' (recipe below)

EXERCISE: 1 hour walk

SNACK: Handful red grapes


LUNCH: Was working - got my period, not that hungry, nausious. Just grabbed some carrot sticks, broccoli peices, tomatoes as i was working. 2 Ayala waters (filtered bottled water containing delicious essential oils. Calorie free)


DINNER: 4 peaches

Peachy Green Smoothie
In a Vitamix Blender, blend up:
  • 4 bananas
  • 3 small peaches
  • 4 squirts organic vanilla extract
  • glurg of agave
  • 1.5 heads of romaine
  • 1 ripe pear
  • icecubes
  • 1/2 cup filtered water

xoxox
Michelle Joy

No comments: