Saturday, May 30, 2009

Week ONE....It's a wrap!




Beginning Weight: 425

Beginning Blog Weight: 277

Weight Yesterday: 262 1/4

Weight Today: 262

Today's Loss: -1/4

Total Blog Loss: 15 lbs in exactly one week.

Okay, if you have any neck issues from my pictures, I do apologize! Here are some more 'before' and 'on my way' shots for you. The before shot i am in the 380's. The 2nd shot was taken about 6 months ago. I think i weighed about 20 lbs more there than i do now.

1/4 lb loss today. That's respectable, but I'm seeing a trend here. Things are starting to slow down in the daily weight losses, so i'm thinking all of the water weight is gone, all of the raw bread and dehydrated burgers are outta there. Now i'm working on losing fat and it's coming a little slower.

I am now questioning the wisdom of agave and dates and lotsa lotsa bananas. On http://www.rawfoodbootcamp.com/, we were not allowed any of that. I used to lose 1lb a day on that program. We walked a lot harder, too, on that program.

~ ~ Okay, time to talk to myself, figure this out. ~ ~

BANANA MANIA: i really like bananas. I really like smoothies with a lot of bananas. They are GOOD! Bananas were limited to 1/day on http://www.rawfoodbootcamp/ for a reason i suppose! Carlene who runs bootcamp discovered eating more than 1 banana/day slows down weight loss for morbidly obese people. Well, there you go.

OVERALL REBUTTAL AND KICKING AND SCREAMING: Shit, i like what i'm doing. I feel good. I'm enjoying the food. I'm not feeling deprived. I felt great at work yesterday. I don't want to give up anything else!! No no no!!!

WEIGHT LOSS CALCULATIONS AND EXCITING FORECASTS: If i keep this up, let's say i lose 1/4 lb a day, that's like almost 2 lbs a week. That's good by Weight Watchers standards.

That means, technically, in 7 weeks, i could weigh 248lbs (a loss of 14 additional lbs), and break that 250 mark for good.

That's nice, but no more Larry King weighing 150 in 6 months.

If i lost 2 lbs a week, that's 10 lbs a month, i could lose 60 lbs in 6 months and weigh a little over 200. Shit, that's exciting. Could you IMAGINE?!!!

To lose another 5o lbs to be at 15o lbs, that would take an additional 5 months, so really in just under a year, i could realistically lose the rest of my weight and weigh 150 lbs, wow.

Wow, i just figured out that by my birthday next year, May 12, 2010, if i lost 2 lbs a week, i could weigh 150 lbs by keeping up the diet i've been doing. THAT IS SO FREAKIN' EXCITING!

Man, a little 1/4 lb loss has just turned into thin in ELEVEN MONTHS...!!!

IMPATIENCE: To lose the 8 lbs to put me back to where i was pre-blog at 253, that will take 4 weeks on this plan.

4 weeks? That blows.

If I cut down the agave, dates and bananas and have smoothies more low-glycemic based, my weight loss would probably pick up. If i walked longer or harder, that would probably assist it as well.

JUST COLLECTING THE FACTS, MA'AM: Okay, okay, this is ALL interesting, good, scientific information. I'm gathering facts, weighing things out... I do like having a grasp on what i'm doing and how it's working for me.

DAILY WEIGH INS: I'm liking the daily feedback from the scale. I may not be 'happy' with the results initially, but now i have the opportunity to adjust what i'm doing should i so choose. And when i really think about the long term impact of small changes, i am blown away. Thin in a year, holy cannoli!

Another good positive thing about weighing daily is that things never have the time to completely spiral out of control this way....!

And I'm working hard mentally to not let the 'numbers' rule me. And not let myself become emotional about my weight fluxuations.

I did feel that little sting, weighing in, like, 'All this effort, and that's IT?' Yes, i felt that, i acknowleged it, and released it. I'm okay. I can move on. I can figure this out. I can DO this!

FAST? SLOW? WHICH IS THE WAY TO GO? So, losing a lot of weight fast is exciting, right? And losing slower - is noooot as exciting. But, heck, i did say i wanted steady and slow, didn't i?

I'd kinda like to get back to 253 a little faster than in 4 weeks....and then move more slowly.

I thought slowly losing would entail adding gourmet treats BACK to my diet. Silly me! I didn't think the no-fat/salt plan would produce a 1/4lb/day loss. That kinda sucks!

WALKING: I'm enjoying my walks. They're lovely. I'm not killing myself. I'm walking good, i'm sweating for sure, but i'm not jogging or race walking. I'm not panting. I could play with walking 2 hours a day at the rate i've been going. That's a idea. Enjoy my bananas, and just walk more, or harder. 2 hours a day. God my feet are gonna hurt! Or i could just step it up a bit.

WEEKS OVERVIEW: Overall, i am thrilled with the fact that i am back on track.
  • My eating is so much more in control. I am not compelled to eat raw bread at work and that is a relief, and doesn't feel like deprivation in the least. I feel FREE-er than giving myself free reign in food.
  • I am thrilled with the new forum of a blog that assists me, supports me, helps me keep in touch with me and with others, and helps me process my goals/feelings/results.
  • I am thrilled to have skinny ankles again and be over retaining buckets of water on my body. Giving up salt has been relatively easy. As long as i don't taste it i don't miss it.
  • A loss of 15 lbs in one week is phenomenol! Walking and less fat and salt is working.

FUTURE PLANS: Just for the record, i'd like to lose the other 8 this week. If i could GAIN it in 2 weeks, i could lose it in 2 weeks. To do that, i'd have to walk more/harder and/or lose the excessive bananas, agave and dates, i think. WISH ME LUCK!

I'm going to take my walk!

FOOD TODAY:

Drink: Iced Herbal Tea

Exercise: 1 hour strenuous walk, arms pumping. Walked harder and longer than ever. Pooped all day, sensitive and weepy, crying, needed comfort, nurturing, petting. I'm definitely detoxing!

Breakfast: 4 Roma Tomatoes

Snack: leftover pina colada smoothie from yesterday

Lunch: yucky salad, didn't really enjoy this: spring mix, apple cider vinegar, agave, cumin, red pepper flakes, 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast

Snack: 3 Roma Tomatoes , 1/2 bag red grapes, 2 bottles water

Dinner: "Red Pepper Puree Soup" - Recipe below! This was another soup where upon first taste, i winced disagreeably, and then with taste after taste, i enjoyed it more and more. This was a BIG serving and when i was done eating it spoon by spoonful out of the vitamix canister, i wished i had more! Definitely hard core. But the amazing thing is how the tastebuds adjust. Rather than tasting 'bland' to me, it was incredibly flavorful! When you get off of the salt and fat, you can really taste the real taste of fresh delicious organic produce!

Red Pepper Puree Soup - a totally fat free/salt free thick blenderized soup. In Vitamix, add:
3/4 cup filtered water
juice of 1 small lime
3 shakes of cumin
1 inch of long green hot pepper
1.5 large red peppers, sliced
1 Roma Tomato
1 large carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk chopped
1 whole medium sized zucchini chopped

Whir up in the vitamix...and enjoy! Obviously, with added olive oil or avocado and either celtic salt or Braggs, this would no doubt be absolutely delicious. As it was, i accepted it for what it was, it filled me, it grew on me and i'm satisfied!

I made more of an effort today to reduce bananas and try to eat some lower fat/calorie raw veggies instead. I was hungry much of the day, but feel good now after my soup. I'll probably have a snack later!

xoxo michelle joy

No comments: