Saturday, March 31, 2012

ONE MORE DAY LEFT! - RAW FOOD EXPO at WATERLOO GARDENS in EXTON, PA!

Just got back from the first day of
The 2nd Annual Living Dynamically Wellness Expo
March 31st and April 1st
10am-4pm
Waterloo Gardens
Exton, PA.



Arnold and I had a vendor table at the Wellness Expo representing Arnold's Way Raw Vegetarian Cafe' and Education Center, where I am a raw chef, and he is cheif proprietor! We had such a great time, and such a great response to our offerings! We SOLD OUT of our raw vegan cheezes (cheddar, toona & no-bean hummus) and had only a few packs of our famous Living Breads left...! Our minty refreshing Green Smoothie was also a big crowd pleaser! What a great day!

Make sure to get to the Expo tomorrow (Sunday, April 1) for more of our cheezes (Arnold will bring more) and more special treats!!

There are over FIFTY vendors this year at the Wellness Expo, including two AMAZING raw food vendors that i must highlight for their unbelievable scrumptuous treats:

WENDY LANDIAK of BALASIA WORLD CAFE' is a dynamo raw chef. A wisp of a girl, but I've never seen anyone with more energy...or personality!

Today BALASIA's incredible chefess offered an exotic menu of all raw vegan fare in designer take-away bowls:
-Rubbed Kale Salad
-Carrot Hummus (!) (I ate 2 up and could have eaten a bucket load)
-Curry Vegetable Buddah Bowl
-Chia Seed Balls
-Zucchini Spaghetti Bowl with exotic red sauce

MAKE SURE YOU STOP BY WENDY'S TABLE!!! What makes her food so amazing is how light and fresh it is, while being incredibly exotic, satisfying, and just bursting with asian fusion flavors. Simply scrumpuous! http://www.balasia.net/

And, LINDA LOUISE and her PULSE DESSERTS have simply wowwed me! A 3 oz. CAKE POD was just enough to satisfy. All raw vegan, these little pies in a POD are simply divine! I had Blueberry Lemon at the Expo which was so delicious. And after my dinner of Wendy's carrot Hummus, I mmm'd my way through the Pumpkin CAKE POD. It tasted BETTER than traditional Pumpkin pie! 3 oz was just the right serving....decadent, yet reserved. WOW wow WOW! My guy, Cliff, had the Chocolate and loved it, and I have Strawberry and Lime Cake Pods in the freezer already at home! You simply MUST try one (or many) of these amazing little desserts! Buy 4 for $18, get one FREE! http://www.lindalouise.org/

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

MY RAW UPDATE
Today was my fifth day raw, and it was such a gift. Great food. Great people. Great Event. I drank Green Smoothies until I felt like something more substantial. Then enjoyed one of Wendy's Kale salads, the Curry Buddah bowl, the carrot Hummuses, and the Cake Pods. And Brad's Raw Chips was at the event, too, which made for nice sampling of some new flax chip and kale chip flavors (yum!). Aside from being nourished by food, my soul felt nourished - so many interesting health related healers, teachers, speakers, visitors to our booth... It was a beautiful day!

Good news on my ability to resist temptation - My cooked 'hubby,' Cliff, wanted traditional pizza tonight, so, so be it! I sat with him at the restaurant, and I'm not lying when i tell you that i didn't even WANT the pizza he was eating. I told him, "It's like a miracle. It's like a switch flipped. I don't even WANT it." First of all, i wasn't hungry, and second of all, i was dreaming of that carrot Hummus! I think when you start to eat vegetables again and you start to feel so so much BETTER, and you are truly S-A-T-I-A-T-I-N-G yourself and SATISFYING your CELLS with NUTRITION, pizza just doesn't appeal. Pretty incredible. I'm back to the raw-me of 3.5 years in just DAYS.

Being so 'in touch' and focused is new for me, again. Sometimes I question signals of discomfort. For instance, on the ride home after the Expo, I'd had such a great day, why did i feel so antsy? Well, I searched myself. It was still early, I'd had a great day, but Cliff hadn't slept well last night and wanted to go home and go to bed, so, now looking forward to an evening at home alone, I was feeling bored! I have energy now back on raw...I want to USE it! I came home and decided to blog. It's creative and keeps me on track and in touch! Before I would "reacted" to that antsyness without questioning it....but by EATING, by stuffing it. Today I realize: "I want to be STIMULATED, but not by food because i'm not hungry." I used to confuse signals. Hunger and antsy-bored kinda feel similar! Today, when needing stimulation, creativity, excitement, adventure: I turn to other things!

xoxo michelle joy

No comments: