Friday, February 25, 2011

THE OPTIMIST CREED

Morning, Folks,

All of the positivity seems to be working! I don't remember having a binge this week. I may have overeaten, but it was on something relatively healthy like too much quinoa (wayyyy too much...which gives you really BAD gas, so i think i learned my lesson!!!).

So what's happenin' that the out of control eating has decreased?

Well, nothing diet-wise is different. We're still practicing the food combining I've talked about. I've just stuck to it WAY better this week, not because i TRIED to, but because i WANTED to, i think.

And for that, i can only credit my new habits of positivity.

I read The Optimist Creed daily, and weekly we watch The Secret at Arnold's Way and discuss.

The class is deceptively powerful. What we watch and discuss in class plants the seeds. And then cool shit happens. I get parking spaces. The cop who stops me doesn't give me a ticket. My diet improves. Just like they said would happen in the movie if I work the "secret." Wow!

The first week of the class everyone made vision boards. (I still need to make mine. I was rolling raw bliss balls in coconut while everyone was working...!!!)

Last week, we watched the entire The Secret DVD and discussed.

And tonight we'll watch a portion of the film again, and we'll be turning complaint lists into gratitude lists. I'm excited about this. For instance, a common complaint of mine is: "I hate that i'm so much fatter, that i gained 100 lbs!!!" I'm training myself to see my weight from another point of view. My new gratitude filled viewpoint says this, "I'm grateful to be the weight I am because it is alot less than my highest weight was." Ahhh, that FEELS good. Empowering. By talking like this to myself, a side effect is that somehow, freakily, the binge eating decreases. Pretty awesome.

Come on out to the class if you'd like to! Very informal, and it's free.

The Secret Class with Michelle and Lynn - Friday nights, 7pm, Arnold's Way Raw Vegetarian Cafe and Education Center, Lansdale, PA 19446. 215 361 0116.

Another affirmation that is REALLY helping me is to focus on believing the BEST about myself and to believe that people want me to succeed. This is really helping, especially alot, since I have my opera performance this Sunday. Please come to that, too, if you'd like to:

Michelle sings LADY MACBETH in Verdi's MACBETH, Upper Dublin Lutheran Church, 411 Susquehanna Road, Ambler, PA 19002. Sunday, February 27, 2011, 3pm.

So, if your behavior seems outta whack, maybe it's because your attitude is outta whack? My suggestion today is to read the following everyday and see if it starts affecting you for the positive.

Look, we've GOT to RE-brainwash ourselves. What do you think all of that negative self talk does? It brainwashes you to think poorly of yourself, so you do destructive things that support that outlook. When you feel better about YOU, your behavior changes.

Man, this shit is working! It feels so good!


The Optimist Creed

I Promise Myself...

...To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

...To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.

...To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.

...To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

...To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.

...To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

...To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

...To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.

...To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

...To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

...To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in big words, but in great deeds.

...To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.


Christian Larson
1912

xoxo michelle joy

No comments: